free website stats program Elbow pain | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Elbow pain

Will glucosamine hydrochloride/Chondroitin Sulfate help with this type of injury, or is that stuff just a full of hype?

When I first bought the Ultra last year, I had the same problem. It was painfull to the point I almost stopped riding. Some Advil helped. After the winter layoff, it hasn't returned. Rest might be the best course of action.

Thanks for that advice, riding season is in full swing. 6 months of rest and I will be able to ride pain free? I'm going on a short ride on Saturday, and am dreading that feeling in my elbow. I guess I'll take some motrin before the ride, and put some in my pocket for later.

Will glucosamine hydrochloride/Chondroitin Sulfate help with this type of injury, or is that stuff just a full of hype?
If it is the tendon, no. But FYI I have bad knees and for the past 3 years I have taken a GNC product called Fast Flex so I can say that Glu/Chon supliments work very well. We may need to start a new thread on health care.

I came back from a 10,000 mile cross country trip a few years ago with Frozen shoulder. I went to therapy and it made it worse. I decided to live with it and after a few months it healed and felt fine. The next year I made sure I streched at the end of each day. Occasionally I've had elbo trouble too. You might try a ace bandage or joint brace. The extra warmth and support should help. Good luck with it - Bob

As others indicate - probablt flaring your elbow tendon & it's all knotted. When I had this problem (age + too much keyboard) the physical therapist had me do deep rubs on the enflamed area to break the knot & ice massages to heal. Took awhile (2-3 months), but it worked. Hope yours gets better w/time.

Motrin, rest & time are the only relief I've found for this. Did three days of mountain twisties about 4 years ago and thought my right arm was done. It was months before that healed.

Just finished a four day ride last week and the motirn really helped. Remember, take the motrin with food or you may battle some real stomach problems.

Good Luck.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone came out with an easy adjustable handlebar set? Something that would adjust for pullback and height would be nice for us older guys. :)

Seriously though, I might suggest going to a drug store and buying one of those elastic bands they sell for tennis elbow and give that a try.

Wouldn't it be nice if someone came out with an easy adjustable handlebar set? Something that would adjust for pullback and height would be nice for us older guys. :)

Seriously though, I might suggest going to a drug store and buying one of those elastic bands they sell for tennis elbow and give that a try.

I can't remember if it was Leesburgh or Daytona but I've seen someone that offered a combo handlebar and riser setup that let you infinitely adjust all the lengths and angles. Sorry - can't remember the vendor name. Besides, I wasn't very excited about a component that critical having so many adjustment points that you had to tighten down when finished adjusting. I asked him what he supposed might happen if something came loose while riding and he wouldn't answer me!

Likely the reach to the handlebars to too far or high...this puts a big strain on your arms trying to support your upper torso in the wind, try rolling them towards you and down...a low bar is a happy bar. Add to that your hand controls may not be at the correct angle so you are essentially doing pull ups AND arching your wrists trying actuating stiff or mis-adjusted controls.

Are your handlebars conventional in that you can roll the grips/bar ends closer to you and have you adjusted and lubricaed the clutch and controls...do consider an EZ clutch mod to energy at the lever by 1/3 or so. Same thing goes with the brake lever, (not so much adjustment here) but you should not have to reach and be able to howl the brakes with a 2 finger squeeze.

Sitting on the bike relaxed, close your eyes and reach up to the grips and controls...your hands should naturally find them without peeking. Have a helper hold the bike upright and check your fit with the foot controls...there should be no cramping in the shins or calves when on top of the pedals.

Last edited:
Back