free website stats program Elbow pain and shoulder pain | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Elbow pain and shoulder pain

Help out there!

I have been riding for over 25 years, and I guess age is catching up. I now have a 2006 Ultra (with stock bars) and I am 56 years young. I have noticed that after fairly short while I am getting severe pain in my (right) elbow and shoulder? It appears that the angle of the bar is causing my shoulder and elbo to be stressed (like the grips need to be less of an angle back? I was at Sturgis this year and looked at different bars (ape hangers 12-14-16" from Cycle Smith) as well as others. I then talked to 'Baron' and purchased his "Big Johnson" bars (should be here Monday) He says that I will like them and added benifit of not having to replace cables?

Anyone have same problem and could offer resolve suggestions (from actual experience) would be nice

Thanks,

Tim
I've got to change out the bars on my Sportster, as they come back at a stupid angle. I think they were designed more to look good, than to actually work, as there is no way the grips will ever line up with anybody's wrist, without twisting your joints out of line.

I like to reach out in front of me and have the bars right where my hands are, at the same angle, not twist my wrists 45 degrees just to catch hold the bars.

Zanotti in Pa. is the place to buy your genuine Harley parts.
I have been dealing with them for 6 or 7 years now and they have treated better then the best.
Great dealer to do business with, when buying new parts.

Zanotti in Pa. is the place to buy your genuine Harley parts.
I have been dealing with them for 6 or 7 years now and they have treated better then the best.
Great dealer to do business with, when buying new parts.
I hope to have time to install the Baron "Big Johnson" bars this week? Up here in the PNW we are already starting to get toward the end of summer, so I hesitate to pull the bike apart. (anyone have an estimate on the time required to change out a set of bars on an 06 ultra? (not necessary to change out the cables, so I am told)

Thanks,

Tim

Back