free website stats program Elbow pain and shoulder pain | Harley Davidson Forums

Elbow pain and shoulder pain

ultrachop

Help out there!

I have been riding for over 25 years, and I guess age is catching up. I now have a 2006 Ultra (with stock bars) and I am 56 years young. I have noticed that after fairly short while I am getting severe pain in my (right) elbow and shoulder? It appears that the angle of the bar is causing my shoulder and elbo to be stressed (like the grips need to be less of an angle back? I was at Sturgis this year and looked at different bars (ape hangers 12-14-16" from Cycle Smith) as well as others. I then talked to 'Baron' and purchased his "Big Johnson" bars (should be here Monday) He says that I will like them and added benifit of not having to replace cables?

Anyone have same problem and could offer resolve suggestions (from actual experience) would be nice

Thanks,

Tim

I had the same problem and am about the same age. Bought a mustang seat for obvious reasons and an unexpected side effect was that it brought me a little closer to the stock handlebars and the pain went away. Still looking for new handlebars though.

A pair of heritage bars would do about what you want to do but you ordered them already.

What diameter are the heritage bars? I really want to change out my bars, the ones I have are too swept back. But they are 1 1/4" and I don't think I could stand skinny little bars.:eam

Check with the loal dealers for take offs. Someone may have gone to another style on a heritage.

New, they can be had for around $50..PN 56623-99

If you try Zanotti's, they usually give a 20% discount.n ($36.19)

Search For A Part on Zanotti

Last edited:
I have the reach bars on my SG and they are great. They fit me perfect but again I'm a fat guy in a little coat. :18:

Back