free website stats program EITMS and roling throttle forward?? | Harley Davidson Forums

EITMS and roling throttle forward??

bobbeidel

I've been reading some old post about the EITMS and how to engage and disengage the feature. Exactly what is meant by "rolling the throttle forward"?? Does that mean roll to "closed or no gas" position OR roll to the "open or gas" position. This may be a stupid question but in my manual it says to disengage the cruise control you roll the throttle "back" or "closed". It seems when I read about activating the EITMS feature it always says to roll the throttle "forward". So, again, exactly what does that mean?

I have a 2009 Road Glide and have never experience the rear cylinder shutting down, even riding in Florida in pretty hot conditions.

Does my bike even have the EITMS feature??

Thanks for any further clarity on this !!

Bob

From the hands off position, put hand on the throttle, CLOSE it (not open it).

On TBW it will move in reverse position accomplishing (IF held there while running) TWO things:

changing the parade mode to On OR Off
(has to be held there UNTIL the light on spedo for cruise changes color; Green on and yellow off). also will turn off the cruise control like hitting the brake.....:D

I USE the Throttle control to shut down my Cruise (works like the brake com'n on).

Especially

When my cruise control is set ABOVE the posted speed limit, so the patrolman DOESN't see my brake lite com'n on to give away VAUALABLE information (if you get my drift).:newsmile100:

saved me:bigsmiley15: several times.

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks guys. That confirms what I thought, but wasn't totally sure about. Now to go try on my bike.

Thanks Again

Back