free website stats program EGlide bounce | Harley Davidson Forums

EGlide bounce

wardch

Hello, I hope someone can help or point me the right direction. if this question is answered some where in the forum, I'm sorry i couldn't find . My 98 FLHTI has a problem with brakes or forks . Whenever the front brake is applied the forks bounce up and down the brakes work,but the forks bounce. I went to a local HD dealer new tire new fork oil 15 wt and bumped frt air PSI to 15lbs. No difference went back well they all kinda do that So next I will bleed front brakes probably wont help,but at least its fresh fluids Thank you all for this forum
Wardch:small3d028:

Hello, I hope someone can help or point me the right direction. if this question is answered some where in the forum, I'm sorry i couldn't find . My 98 FLHTI has a problem with brakes or forks . Whenever the front brake is applied the forks bounce up and down the brakes work,but the forks bounce. I went to a local HD dealer new tire new fork oil 15 wt and bumped frt air PSI to 15lbs. No difference went back well they all kinda do that So next I will bleed front brakes probably wont help,but at least its fresh fluids Thank you all for this forum
Wardch:small3d028:

Check your rotors for runout:s

Welcome to the forum Wardch. Jack's advice is a great place to start. My comment is dealers that say "they all do that" is a place to avoid. It's a sign of a hi volume, parts changing shop.

No the brakes stop quickly if I can manage to keep the lever pulled in the forks bounce like I'm riding a pogo stick Hey to all thanks for such a quick reply

No the brakes stop quickly if I can manage to keep the lever pulled in the forks bounce like I'm riding a pogo stick Hey to all thanks for such a quick reply

Even though your brakes are stopping you the problem your describing could still be warped rotors. This problem only starts when you apply the brakes. I would think that any dealer or service dept would have taken the bike for a test ride.

Even though your brakes are stopping you the problem your describing could still be warped rotors. This problem only starts when you apply the brakes. I would think that any dealer or service dept would have taken the bike for a test ride.

If your brakes were SMoooooooth you would only Dive once and NOT go up and down....

that is My take on it... I'd go with the suggested Rotor Ck.

signed....BUBBIE

Post from Glider about warped rotors.

Warped Rotor - Harley Davidson Community
(Click on "Warped Rotors" middle of top page if picture doesn't show up)

Also a bunch of info if you search "pulsating brake". Read a few posts and they also talked about bouncing like a po-go stick as well. Search it.
Good luck and keep us posted.

check for some foreign material on the rotor/s maybe silicone or something(maybe pledge over spray, just kidding Glider.):D

Back