free website stats program EG problem | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

EG problem

It's the 2006 flhtc with fuel injection that had the problem. It has a power commander installed, if that has anything to do the codes.

It's the 2006 flhtc with fuel injection that had the problem.

I may be wrong but wouldn't that make your bike a FLHTCI or something like that? From what I read, fuel injection was an option that year designated by an "I".

Using the diagnostic maps, it makes a big difference what the error code means.

It's the 2006 flhtc with fuel injection that had the problem. It has a power commander installed, if that has anything to do the codes.

It would be nice if you posted that and saved everyone some time.:D (other than in your profile area)

Sorry for the confusion I've caused, I'll try to be more specfic in the future.
My primary ride is a 2006 fuel injected Electra Glide with a power commander, V&H true duals, SE touring slipons & an SE ac.
I have also have a 2001 Road King, hence the 01rk, this is a secondary ride.
If someone can please help with the codes on the 2006 Electa Glide I would appreciate it very much.

Sorry I had to leave out today and just got back in. As it appears to have turned out the codes you have appear to match my 07 Dyna so you "should" (check the pins in "your" manual) be able to test as I said.

But as Hoople noted, I really should have said "check your manual for codes and pins involved" since my Dyna may not be the same as yours. Thanks for that point Hoople and I will try to remember that.

In any case all you may have is a loose speedo connector under the console. Have you put a tank life or anything on to stretch that cable ?

In any case before you start replacing expensive parts you want to check the wire between the speedo and the ECM (or ICM whatever). Look at the wiring diagrams in your manual. Take your time and trace them down.

Is a failing or dirty ignition switch not a consideration?

I don't know, the motor continued to run and when I shut it off it started with no problem when it happened. If it is the ignition, wouldn't the problem be reoccuring?
If I knew what the part numbers in the code were it might be easier to track down.
I rode it again today, there were no problems, it started several times and everything worked.

The part numbers refer to the parts in the system and not an indication that would help to troubleshoot the system.

If I knew what the part numbers in the code were it might be easier to track down.

The part numbers are the "hosts" that are sending out the trouble codes. The ECM, speedo, TSSM etc are all micro controllers that talk on the LAN or network.
If you see no codes, how would you know if you really have no codes, or if the device itself just could not commo on the lan? The answer=> you wouldn't know. So by giving you a part number of the host, you know that the host is alive and well and can commo on the network..
As Glider says,, they and not an indication that would help to troubleshoot the system.

Back