free website stats program EG problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

EG problem

It sounds like a grounding problem with the dash and related equipment. Check at the trees for a ground strap that may be loose or broken.

I had a radio problem a few weeks ago, I removed the fairing at that time and found a broken bracket. My son welded it and I reinstallaed it there was a ground wire on one of the bolts. I will check it out.
Not framilar with the term "trees"

My 09 Electraglide Classic did the exact same thing.When it happened I had just pulled onto the hiway and could not stop again till a few miles. When I stopped and turned it off and then back on everything worked. That was about 7-8 months ago and it has never done it again.Gremlins I tell you.

From what I read, it would seem that there would be some codes stored. If you have not already I would retrieve them. Then check it out in the manual and/or post them up for Hoople to analyze.

Rode it yesterday around 90 mi., everything worked fine. It did show a code though, I will check for it today. Funny how it did not show the code before!
I've followed all the suggestions so far found nothing lose, no corrosion, etc.

OK just checked the codes: U1097= loss of speedo serial data EFI
P= U1097 - pn 34309-06
s= U1097 - pn 68922-00d
sp= none - pn67349-04
t= none - pn 67348-04A
Question if "sp" & "t" say none why is there a part number?
Also does this mean I should replace every part number shown?
I cleared all the codes. As I said in the previous post I rode 90mi. with no problems. How concerened should I be?

OK just checked the codes: U1097= loss of speedo serial data EFI
P= U1097 - pn 34309-06
s= U1097 - pn 68922-00d
sp= none - pn67349-04
t= none - pn 67348-04A
Question if "sp" & "t" say none why is there a part number?
Also does this mean I should replace every part number shown?
I cleared all the codes. As I said in the previous post I rode 90mi. with no problems. How concerened should I be?

Don't replace anything yet. Check the connector on your speedo, it might be loose. You will have to pull your console to get at it. Lay a towel to protect paint.

While you have it off go ahead and check continuity of wire (back probe) between pin 3 of tssm and pin 2 speedo connector. Also try this while wiggling harness. (see manual wiring diagrams for pin number locations)

If you have the luxury of a breakout box, connect the black end to the speedo connector and the gray end to tssm connector and test cavities 2 black to 3 gray. You should have continuity here, if not the wire is the problem.

Back