free website stats program efi | Harley Davidson Forums

efi

rydahog

just unpacked my ejk stage 3. i had spoken with chris? i think and he suggested plugs for o2's...but none in box? big deal or not? or just tie off wires away from stuff..?

rydahog; want to make sure we're on the same page...you want to plug the O2 ports/bungs in your header pipe, or plug the O2 sensor wire connector plug? If it's the O2 sensor wire plug - need to get the caps from Dobeck to make system function properly. If it's the O2 bungs on pipe - get the ones from Napa & they remove/install with open end wrench (can't remember exact size). Enjoy!

rydahog; want to make sure we're on the same page...you want to plug the O2 ports/bungs in your header pipe, or plug the O2 sensor wire connector plug? If it's the O2 sensor wire plug - need to get the caps from Dobeck to make system function properly. If it's the O2 bungs on pipe - get the ones from Napa & they remove/install with open end wrench (can't remember exact size). Enjoy!

wow, now your stretching my old feeble memory banks,,:p
i thought with the chat i had with dobeck rep, that he was going to include caps i guess for o2's ? but not specified removal of sensors or plugging end of wires of o2's? so i guess the easier was is to see if they will send me caps??
OR...haha jsut take out 02's from header and use napa part? suggestions are always needed..thanks ryd:D

I bought the Gen3 for mine and it came with plugs that go in the wiring harness of the bike. The sensor does NOT have to be removed but the ends need to be secured. If you don't install something to fool the ecm the engine light will come on I believe. I think there are two options for the plug or some sort of wiring harness.

wow, now your stretching my old feeble memory banks,,:p
i thought with the chat i had with dobeck rep, that he was going to include caps i guess for o2's ? but not specified removal of sensors or plugging end of wires of o2's? so i guess the easier was is to see if they will send me caps??
OR...haha jsut take out 02's from header and use napa part? suggestions are always needed..thanks ryd:D

I believe your unit does not need the resisters for the harness plugs but give Dallas a call to verify this. The newer units are a bit different than the older ones.

Read or post here, I think it was mentioned in a post here.

TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck - Harley Davidson Community

Installed gen 3, went for small scoot, stock a/c/ and exhaust,,,new ones on their way...but the bike seems to be running less stressful, if i can use that terminolgy..easier to get up to speed. But this is a small ride, will leave all stock settings from gen 3 as it came ,,one or two tank fulls and re-assess..

For 2010-2011 Touring models we offer 2 different GEN 3 products. Functionality is the same for both. The difference is how to deal with the O2 sensors. The easiest way by installation standards is to simply disconnect the factory O2 connections. You can then just zip tie these up out of the way. The other controller available comes with a harness to plug into the O2 sensor connectors. Exactly like installing the fuel injector connectors you basically create a loop around with the signals. Both methods do the same thing to bypass the O2 sensors and allow fuel to be adjusted at idle and cruising.

For simply disconnecting we don't offer any O2 plugs to install for these models.

Back