free website stats program Efi Twin-Cam electrical problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Efi Twin-Cam electrical problem

Hello i have a twin-cam efi 2002 i am having a problem getting a regular spark to the coils and the right front turning light is constantly on. can anyone help me with this??

i am having a problem getting a regular spark to the coils

Why do you feel it is IR-regular. More info.

The time base for the entire ECM is the crank sensor. Without that precise clocking function, nothing else is possible. I would start there. (of course check for codes first)

Why do you feel it is IR-regular. More info.

The time base for the entire ECM is the crank sensor. Without that precise clocking function, nothing else is possible. I would start there. (of course check for codes first)
hello.
i checked the crank sensor and its ok but i forgot to write that the spark comes after i let go off the start button

Have you checked for Diag Trouble Codes. You must do that before you continue.
How did you check the crank sensor. Using just an ohm meter, tells you very little.

Have you checked for Diag Trouble Codes. You must do that before you continue.
How did you check the crank sensor. Using just an ohm meter, tells you very little.

the diag trouble codes where can see them i have manual but it dont say anything about electrical troubleshooting yeah by using a ohm meter is their special meter for checking the electrical wiring

Click Self Help, Diagnostics, bottom of page, 00-03 HD codes. I believe that is you.

Mind you my bike (2009) has an a Delphi ECM, so double check what I am telling you and follow the steps because I have never pulled codes on a pre-Delphi ECM.

Click Self Help, Diagnostics, bottom of page, 00-03 HD codes. I believe that is you.

Mind you my bike (2009) has an a Delphi ECM, so double check what I am telling you and follow the steps because I have never pulled codes on a pre-Delphi ECM.

but is it in the special manual for electrics??

No, right here. Top of your computer screen.. Tab labeled "Self Help Tips"
Lots & Lots of interesting topics to read.

Back