free website stats program EFI Tuner or Not ?$$ | Harley Davidson Forums

EFI Tuner or Not ?$$

Ranger63

When I bought my bike in Spring, XL1200N, dealer put on Stage 1 HD Filter, and SE Slip On's, and did a remap for the EFI ... I did not like the sound of the SE Slip On's so I am installing the V&H Short Shot Staggered Black system, does anybody know if I really really need a tuner, or a fuelpak, some guys say I will be fine, others warn of a too lean mix ? The dealer already did a HD remap for the filer and the SE Slip on's ... do I really need a tuner ? or Not ?
Thanks

I have the same setup you currently have on my 2007 Sportster 1200 Low and I am pleased with the sound and performance. To each his own.

May I suggest checking out some information on Vance and Hines's website along with FuelPak's website. I have already checked it out myself and it is quite informative.

I was not able to post the links here because I am a newby and only have 1 post; I need at least 5 before I can post a link or image. Doh!

you will be at the stock lean settings or leaner by changing the slip ons the remap the dealer did only brings it back into factory settings still lean the 09's are a little more tolerant than the older ones but do you want to push your luck i melting it down to save a little $$$$

We did something similar with my wife's Nightster; we had the Stage 1 and download installed when we bought it and later installed V&H Short Shots. After we changed the pipes it ran lean, had a tinny sound to it, and was occationally "popping on deceleration". We took it back and they did another download and corrected the problem. Runs and sounds great now!

When I bought my bike in Spring, XL1200N, dealer put on Stage 1 HD Filter, and SE Slip On's, and did a remap for the EFI ... I did not like the sound of the SE Slip On's so I am installing the V&H Short Shot Staggered Black system, does anybody know if I really really need a tuner, or a fuelpak, some guys say I will be fine, others warn of a too lean mix ? The dealer already did a HD remap for the filer and the SE Slip on's ... do I really need a tuner ? or Not ?
Thanks

Check my post (#4) here:

Decelaration Popping - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

Hi Bait, You took it back to HD and they did the same download ?? My HD Dealer says I need an SE Super Tuner and dyno.... big dollars, eh

Back