free website stats program EFI remap done or not? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

EFI remap done or not?

Hey Bubbie,

Thanks for the advice, almost got me convinced about the TFI :) I like the fact that they kinda setup like a carb. Just hope they are more reliable!

Phone is no biggy, paid by my company and I don't have a problem working on the bike at night, although my neighbors might not particulary like this..

Guess I have to throw another BBQ soon!

p.s. HDTimeline discounts? Now I'm really interested! Who should I contact?
[/QUOTE]
safehaven,

Go to ""TFI Questions Answered By Dobeck"" on the home page and Click on to make a new thread and ASK away..ask Dallas(dobecks man) all about it and he will reply here on site...

He will answer ANY of your questions with Correct answers....

YES I LOVE the TFI and IT IS that easy to install and adjust..EASIER !!

signed....BUBBIE

Hey Everyone,

I though it was time for an update on this topic.

To make a long story short, I bought the Screamin' Eagle Race tuner and re-mapped my EFI with the map which came from the CD.

My engine has an open SE air cleaner and some V&H short shots with quiet baffles installed. With the "remap" the second hand guys I bought the bike from gave me it would backfire constantly when letting off the throttle on the overrun. I checked with them many times since I thought this was an issue but they always assured me that this was due to the short drag pipes, 2 to 2 design of the exhaust and there would always be some backfiring, popping with this setup.

After installing the race tuner I can honestly say that this is really NOT the case. No more popping, no more backfiring.

To make things even better the bike now pulls significantly better through the entire rev-range and seems smoother to ride altogether. (that last one might seem subjective but it sure feels like it does :)) Needless to say, I don't regret the purchase at all. Had me smiling happily all the way home.

Now I'm off to enjoy my "new" ride!

Take care,
K

So, does decel noise indicate that the remap was not done? I bought a Deuce that has the Hypercharger and V&H long shot pipes on it..I assume it should have been remapped with those added, but I have no clue if it was. It seems to run fine, but there is a little decel popping..sounds cool, but I don't want to be getting robbed of some performance. I am fairly sure there are no baffles in the pipes either, so maybe that is the reason for the popping.?? No real backfiring that I have noticed.

whats left of my memory says an 01 soft tail is carb'd, not fuel injected. is that correct? could be a couple things such as exhaust leaks for one. If there is in fact no baffles, and you dont know what jets are in the carb, that would be a good place to look. check the search box at the top of the page and you should come across some good reading. if it is a fuelie, make sure there is no exhaust/intake leaks and look into a dobeck tfi....plenty of reading in the search box.

. . . . .
To make a long story short, I bought the Screamin' Eagle Race tuner and re-mapped my EFI with the map which came from the CD.
My engine has an open SE air cleaner and some V&H short shots with quiet baffles installed. . . . . . .

You will love the new tuner. Even if you DID have a dealer remap before, you would have still had the decel popping with those pipes. I know because my bike came with the HD dealer remap (bought the bike used) I saw it right on the HD tickets in the saddle bags. It also had V&H's pipes and an SE AC (on the bke and on the same tickets). It still popped and ran hot. A dealer remap is pretty much an EPA influenced joke as far as I'm concerned. All it does is sell slip ons for HD. Whether you had it or not is really academic. But you do have something good now with the SE tuner package. I have the TFI now and I don't have any of those other symtoms any more either.

Back