free website stats program Efi Fine Tuning | Harley Davidson Forums

Efi Fine Tuning

guzz48

I Have A 2005 Flht, Put Some Screaming Eagle Slash Up Slip Ons, And A Screaming Eagle High Flow Air Cleaner On Her. The Dealer Said It Should Be Fine With Out A New Map, It Had A Terrible Case Of Backfires.
So I Put On The Vance And Hines Fuel Pac, It Seems To Run A Little Better, But Still Not As Smooth As It Did Stock. Any Help Would Be Great.
Thanks.
Guzz48

I Have A 2005 Flht, Put Some Screaming Eagle Slash Up Slip Ons, And A Screaming Eagle High Flow Air Cleaner On Her. The Dealer Said It Should Be Fine With Out A New Map, It Had A Terrible Case Of Backfires.
So I Put On The Vance And Hines Fuel Pac, It Seems To Run A Little Better, But Still Not As Smooth As It Did Stock. Any Help Would Be Great.
Thanks.
Guzz48
Dealer lied!!
Sounds like your map is still to lean. Go to the V&H web site and see if they have a map that matches your pipes and air-cleaner. If not get as close as you can and if it still doesn't suite you a couple pulls on the Dyno Jet should have you tuned spot on.

I agree that the dealer lied to you. Marginal with JUST the slipons (but lean) VERY lean with the stage 1. Those mods always require re mapping, no questions asked.

V&H fuel pacs work best using their parts (slipons and intake) but when you go to other brands, the mix becomes lean. Do as NVPC said and check out what other maps are on the site and try a different one to see if it helps.

That's the major disadvantage to the fuel pac. The TFI which I like is much more user friendly. No maps needed and you can tweek the mix with the turn of a dial.

Back