free website stats program Edelbrock Carbs?? | Harley Davidson Forums

Edelbrock Carbs??

gltee_9

Anyone have opinions about an edlebrock carb for my 99 FXD? I currently have a stock carb and am looking at replacing it with an Edelbrock 40mm spigot mount carb.

Stay with the CV unless the money is just burning a hole in your pocket.

+1, CV is a good unit. There is a chart previously posted on another thread that shows the difference in performance between a 40mm CV and a Mik42. The difference is less than marginal and certainly not worth the cost of the Mik.

I have a preference for the mikuni carb as it works in my climatic conditions cv carb didn't work Jan to April lot of carb icing with the mikuni no problems perhaps no real performance boost over the stock cv just 4 months more a year i can use my bike
However could have used a petrol additive silkolene fst pro developed by silkolene in conjunction with Kawasaki UK to try to prevent carb icing problems on some of their models in the early 80s fitted with kehine carbs

Brian

+1, CV is a good unit. There is a chart previously posted on another thread that shows the difference in performance between a 40mm CV and a Mik42. The difference is less than marginal and certainly not worth the cost of the Mik.

Thanks for that chart dolt. It's added to the self help area.

cv_vs_HSR42mic.jpg

Thanks for the info, will save the money for now and stick with this carb. Had planned on tearing it down and cleaning or putting the aftermarket on.....plus aftermarket has the chrome so gives a better look..lol

Back