free website stats program ECU reprogrammer | Harley Davidson Forums

ECU reprogrammer

Fireguy

I am ready to add my high flow intake and slip-on mufflers to my 2008 UC. I found some SE slash up, which they stopped making in 2006. Vance&Hines made them for HD. They match the angle of the saddle bags nicely. Should I have the dealer reflash the ECU or buy the Vance & Hines fuel pak?

Buy a TFI, easier to use, no maps, no pc needed and infinitely adjustable.

Works with any combo of parts and great tech support. Much cheaper than the high cost alternatives and no dyno tuning needed. What you get as far as HP and TQ from the high dollar units , you will get about the same from the TFI.(10-12hp) from either. Only advantage to the more costly units is that you can tweak the two cylinders independently of each other and the timing too. Not worth the additional cost IMO.

Also you don't need any dealer techs running your bike on the dyno to set it up. That's the biggest plus IMO.

Motorcycle Fuel Injection Kits and Electronic Fuel Injection Systems - EFI

My local dealer has a price of about $250.00 for the reprogramming. After its done is there any reason to have it done again in the future.

Depends on what he's programming. If you don't change anything after it's done, there should be no need to reprogram it.

If you're talking about the HD download to the ECM, it should run about $150

Don't forget the 02 sencers if you are only doing a stage one you dont need to reprogram but it will help keep the heat down

Back