free website stats program ECM & Tuners | Harley Davidson Forums

ECM & Tuners

120rRKnHI

I've read that buying a used Super Tuner S.E. Pro is pointless due to it being married to the original ECM. My question is, what if someone is selling the Tuner and ECM together, is that something that could work? Appreciate any input or information provided.

It would probably work if they came off the same model type and or year(?). Dyna's & touring models have different ECM etc.
tourbox

Why Super tuner?Vance and Hines FP3 has identical tune and easier to work with smartphone.Cheaper and readily available.

Thank you

Why Super tuner?Vance and Hines FP3 has identical tune and easier to work with smartphone.Cheaper and readily available.
Truthfully, I'm just trying to find out if it'll work, I've not made my mind up just yet. I'm looking at the FP3, and Thundermax as well. Just thinking keeping it Harley is all.

It would probably work if they came off the same model type and or year(?). Dyna's & touring models have different ECM etc.
tourbox
Thank you, I've been scouring the internet just trying to get an answer but seems to be a secret someone doesn't what to be let out!

Last edited by a moderator:
If the OP is referring to the Screaming Eagle Race Tuner, it does lock to the VIN in the ECM. Prior to the release of the SERT in 02 there were bikes delivered without VIN numbers registered into their ECMs. After the SERT became the "go to" tuning standard, the MOCO send out directives to reflash ECMs delivered without the VIN for customers free of charge so the SERT would work. So unless the bike is a 2001 or early '02 and the ECM has not been flashed to pick up the VIN and the SERT is already locked to that ECM, it will work. The question I would have would be regarding any potential differences in base maps or other ECM configurations that would need to change for proper operation. An issue? Don't know.:oops:

I would add that the TTS Mastertune or the Power Vision would be a smarter purchase.;)

Back