free website stats program ECM relay kicking off and on 2001 ultra classic | Harley Davidson Forums

ECM relay kicking off and on 2001 ultra classic

bogie's ride

The bike will start and run turn it off and will not start. If I turn the key off in about five seconds I here the ECM relay click some times the bike will start then. If I turn the key off before I hear the relay click the key light on the speedo will stay on to the ECM relay clicks. Something is making the relay kick off and on. I have change the crank sensor,ECM relay,ECM computer not sure what to do next

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure that relay is called an ECM relay? There is a System Relay, and a EFI relay but I don't see one called an ECM relay but I may have missed it. Are you using a service manual or trying to fix it without one.

Are you sure that relay is called an ECM relay? There is a System Relay, and a EFI relay but I don't see one called an ECM relay but I may have missed it. Are you using a service manual or trying to fix it without one.
Ya you are right it is the ECU relay and it right next to the fuel relay. My first HD and I'm learning as I go. The manual doesn't talk about this.

Back