free website stats program ECM Program | Harley Davidson Forums

ECM Program

90FXRS

Contributor
I recently acquired another bike, 2 in the car hole now. It's a 2003 injected Fatboy. Is it possible to read the ecm and see what program is in it? Appears to be stock other than the Arlen Ness derby sucker and Vance Hines short shots. Has a lot of popping in the decel and there is no fuel management system on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have or have access to a SE Pro Super Tuner you may be able to read the program/download it has. The SE unit will be married to the original bike it was set up on but you can still read a few things on other bikes. But you can't change anything on the test bike, changes can only be made to the original bike it was married to.
tourbox

Thanks Tourbox. I got into it when I got home. The calibration is 32830-01, when I searched it I found it is a stage 1 calibration but seems to be superseded to a 32725-04.....Now I'm wondering what is the difference in the two. I'll get to the dealership tomorrow and see if they have any info on the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the #'s you posted are P/N's not calibration #'s
A typical calibration # would be like 009CAF002. When looking at it with the SE tuner program on my computer is shows for a 2010-2013 Touring w/ 1800 CVO and 58 mm intake,etc.
I'll do some more searching.
tourbox

When I got into it, I went to the key that displays the ecm info.
ecm cal id - 32830-01
software level - 074
vci version - 309
It's an 03 so I'm wondering if they changed the nomenclature on later models.

I'm at a loss also. I didn't find a 32830-01 # in my SE program. I did do a search for that as a P/N and
found this 1450 ST1 (SD/SG ST) DIGITAL TECH $149.95 listed in the shopping cart though.
tourbox

I searched "Harley cal id 32830-01" and a pdf file from another forum comes up. Scroll down to page 6. This is what I were this question originated.

That's the page I am talking about. I'm just curious as to the difference in the two downloads. The new bike has a lot of popping in the decal. The only way I can get into it is with the SERT from the other bike, which as we know is married to the other bike and is limited in what I can do and see in the second one. I may just get a FuelPak or something and go that route.

Sounds like you got it covered. I would think a Dobeck would do the job for you with only a stage 1. A little less $$ than a Fuel Pk. and they use to give a discount to members & veterans. If you are planning on more mods later then that's a different story. Sorry I wasn't to much help.
tourbox

Back