free website stats program ECM issue | Harley Davidson Forums

ECM issue

gfriend

My 2008 Deluxe left me stranded yesterday had to push it 3 miles home...ECM fuse was blown..replaced it and it started right up but blew again in about 2 minutes replaced again but blew shortly after...it runs briefly which tells me its not a dead short right? I do have a PCV on it

Both good suggestions. I would think if you had a short it would blow the fuse as soon as you turned on the power.

Thanks guys I pulled the pcv and its not blowing fuses...I put the pcv and it isn't running right so I pulled it out.....I am running without the pcv but I have no o2 sensors in my exhaust will I hurt anything?

Thanks guys I pulled the pcv and its not blowing fuses...I put the pcv and it isn't running right so I pulled it out.....I am running without the pcv but I have no o2 sensors in my exhaust will I hurt anything?

Not a tuner so I can't say for sure but the OEM sensors are narrow band and only work at idle and cruise; the ECM is in control every where else. Starting and idling may be off, could get some decal popping, and mileage might take a hit but I would re-connect the O2 sensors until the PC problem was sorted out. Send the PC back to DJ for repair or replacement. Better yet, upgrade to Power Vision and get a proper dyno tune.;)

Thanks! My true duals do not have bungs for 02. Front cylinder is getting no spark new plugs so next check my wires...tested the coil and it looks good...maybe crank position
sensor

P1352 Front Ignition Coil High/Shorted
P1353 Front Cylinder No Combustion
This is what I found for the codes you listed, hope it helps

Back