Ebay Windshield FLSTC

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by kzoo, May 5, 2011.

1. kzoo

kzoo Banned

Just bought a windshield for my 04 Heritage off eBay. It looks kind of beat, but I at least will have the windshield side detachable mounting hardware. It will be for occasional cold morning commutes is all. $49 and $14 shipping. Now I am wondering if I can replace the hardware and lexan (not the mounting hardware but the vertical and horizontal hardware) for a reasonable price if I decide I like riding with a shield.

In any event, at least now I have the detachable brackets for less than HD wants for one side!

2. TripleJ

TripleJ Senior Member

I think you will like having the windshield. I never take mine off except for cleaning. Went for a ride once with my son without the windshield, got up to maybe 60mph and my son taps my shoulder asking if we can return for the w/s :)

3. Burgundy9

Burgundy9 Member

kzoo, I agree, I think you'll like the shield. Less fatique, you can hear the bike better, less bugs. I love my shield.

You should look at the recurve for the screen replacement. They get good reviews. I don't think they sell the cross brackets. Custom Motorcycle Windshields

If you're going to ditch that old screen you should cut vent holes in the bottom of it and let us know how that works out. After you order your new one of course. C'mon man, be a test pilot for us....:):D

4. JBC2565

JBC2565 Junior Member

+1 with Triple J.
    Love the winshield. I had C7-T1 vertabrea fused last fall. Thought it was going to be an issue with riding, but I can ride all day behind a winshield without bothering the neck.

5. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

kzoo,
    I think you will like riding with the windshield, you may find a little problem with wind buffeting but you will get used to it.

You may have to change your avatar pic.:D

6. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

Since you are in a large metro area, there should be several places that can cut and fit a replacement piece of Lexan for you. I'm sure hardware is avail, but can't say how reasonable it may be.

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

HD offers replacement lexan only.

8. IBA Harley

IBA Harley Active Member

Ride with the windshield for a couple of days and you'll be addicted. It's like a gateway drug... you're on your way to an Electroglide! :)

9. tealsoftail

tealsoftail Member

i have a 01 heritage and i have the wind deflectors on it also and i can were a ball cap with the bill forward and it wont blow off. I also have the f4 brand windshield on it also great investment.