free website stats program Ebay for Cheap Parts | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ebay for Cheap Parts

Dealer wanted 150+ for a rear tire I got it delivered to my door for 78 bucks (same tire)
Dealer wants 350+ for a sert then map i got a tuner for 100
There are deals but you have to research everything first. I could have gotten the tuner for 50 but seller had a few negatives in his feedback so I paid more from another seller to be sure it all worked out.

Question here...

Where did you get the SERT for $100? Is it new ? I hope you know if it was installed on a bike that it is useless to you now. It imprints to the first installation and after that , it can only be used with that VIN number.

Last edited:
glider, check out eastern performance motorcycles, carb-fuel injuection, SE cartredge for various models, has to be mapped by harley, but far cheaper than harleys price. it's $59.00

glider, check out eastern performance motorcycles, carb-fuel injuection, SE cartredge for various models, has to be mapped by harley, but far cheaper than harleys price. it's $59.00

Thanks for that info. The cartridges have to be installed by a dealer so this may be a problem if they didn't sell it to you.

The cartridges are also part specific and any variances from HD parts usually ends up with a lean mixture.

dealership where i service my bike in texas says if it's harley part they don't care where i got it. that's a sorry shop that won't install harley parts just because they didn't sell it.

You have a great dealer there. Truth be known that there are a lot of sorry dealers around that seem to be writing their own rules and getting away with it.

If you contact the MOCO about this, they tell you that the dealers are independently owned and can set their own policy.

Great way of doing business IMO.:dknow

A word of warning SERTs are way more involved than say a Power Commander or the like. If your not planing massive changes to your bike save yourself the expense of the SERT and it's long dyno sessions and go with 1 of the add on tuners or self tuning wide band CPUs. :s

I buy a lot of stuff for my FLHS off Ebay and for the most part, Have not had any problems with buying bike stuff. I have however had problems with dishonest people in regards to buying computers and electronics stuff. I try to pay with a credit card to better protect myself because Ebay and Paypal don't help you when you get screwed even though they say you are protected. My 2 cents worth. :yeahright

Electronics like the laptops are a crap shoot. It all depends on the seller and if he has a good rep. I also find that Costco sells discontinued electronics too.

I bought a phone from then once and had a problem so I called the manufacturer about it. When I gave them the model number, I was told they hadn't made that model in quite a while that it was an old phone. Hmmmmm, no more electronics from wholesale places like that.

Back