easy clutch

Discussion in 'Transmission' started by solo, Apr 23, 2008.

1. solo

solo Member

Can you do anything to a 79 shovel clutch to make the lever easier to pull.My old hands are getting the arthritis and pulling that lever is getting harder every year.

2. Fourdogs

Fourdogs Junior Member

I had the easy pull installed on a Road King..its the different between day and night...I don't have Arther yet ...but I do have carpal tunnel syndrome...and my hands would ache when I would try and hold the clutch in , in heavy traffic...now it as nice as squeezing a soft round...Oh ! you know what I mean...lol. By all means get one ..one of the best investments I've made.

3. roaddawg4life

roaddawg4life Member

i agree with you Fourdogs i have one on my evo and its the difference between night and day .later,roaddawg4life

4. Tatanka

Tatanka Member

Did the Easy Clutch on the wifes bike. She has short fingers, and she loves it

5. Apyle

Apyle Junior Member

What exactly is an easy clutch? How does it work, and how much?

6. How about some more info on the "easy clutch": part no's, price, etc. thnx

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

8. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

Hey thanks guys! I've been wondering about this, but I figured it was pretty pricey to change. But, I think I just found my next project. My brothers bike had that & I liked it a lot.

9. glider

glider Veteran Member

You'll be happy you did it Joy.:s

I'll bet you could do it yourself too with no problems.

10. Joyflyin

Joyflyin Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator

You read my mind. I read your info on it, it didn't look like rocket science.....LOL. I am off standby so I hope to get the bike out this weekend, gonna try to go to the open house at one of the local dealers tomorrow, I'll have to see if they have discounts....I'm just realizing all my new projects are going to end up X2, because when I successfully get mine done, HE wants to do it to his. Even more so when I pointed out the service costs at the dealers!