free website stats program Easy Clutch Adjustment Method | Page 8 | Harley Davidson Forums

Easy Clutch Adjustment Method

ok bothers. I finally got out my clutch hub assembly out only to find the bearing behind is shot.. So my first question, Do I need to use a press to replace that bearing? and

Does any one recommend an improvement for my 73 FXE superglide.? I;m really looking for performance. but needs to fit in the primary.

Do you recommend we or dry?

After my injury back in 2003-2004 in Afghanistan. They told me I wouldn't be able to ride again.. well 10 years later, I'm ready for that ride!

I been noticing that my bike is grabbing as soon as i release the clutch,and I'm having a hard time putting it in N. So i did the adjustment on the Rod with the Lock Bolt. Lever had the right amount of free play it down shifted smoothly! After a nice little ride,and on the way home it was back doing the same thing. I notice that I'm almost out of adjustment on the ROD. What does this mean???

My clutch hub and final drive move when in neutral. Could the drive sprocket be too tight on trans.? The rear wheel should move freely.

i got my 2002 fatboy last summer with 14K miles and have put 4K on myself..dealer assured me it had been serviced..whatever that means..i have changed all my fluids (biggest improvement came from draining some thin stuff out of the tranny and putting in redline shockproof)..and think of what to do next. am planning to inspect primary chain tension . seems like i have no complaints about my clutch, and am thinking this is a case of it aint broke so dont fix it. not like a fluid change, this seems like id know i need to do it because it aint working right which is not the case. ive read to adjust clutch at 5K mile intervals, but im hesitant. seems like more than one poster has caused himself problems he didnt have before.

Back