free website stats program Eastern Performance After Sales Support | Harley Davidson Forums

Eastern Performance After Sales Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

grweb

This is the worst customer support experience ever for me. Sorry about the length of this, but i felt it was important to present the facts accurately and honestly.

glenn

Attachments

• Eastern Performance.doc
    56 KB · Views: 106
Years ago I bought some Progressive shocks from EPC to put on my Sportster. When they arrived, I was so excited I took them and my bike immediately to the indy mechanic I was using at the time for him to install. When he called me to come pick it up, he asked me, "Did you know those shocks were used? There were tell tale signs that they'd been installed and taken off of another bike." EPC denied it, of course, and I didn't want to go through the hassle of taking them off and returning them. But, I've never done business with them again.

This is the second bad customer service post I have read today in regards to EPC. What has happened to their customer support?

Fuel Pak........I like mine..I did no going into it that it isn't the best but I feel it works great for the money.....Myself If i had trouble when I installed mine in a very short time I would have cut my losses and sent it back...Epc may be a bad business to deal with but I think this is a bit much....My 2 cents....

Sorry to hear about your experience. I have to admit I had a good customer service experience with them. I bought some front rotors from them & found that they did not send reducers with the rotors for the bolts. when I called & asked about it,they apologized for the mistake in not including them & sent to me overnight at no charge.They were always good about answering my questions too.

This is the worst customer support experience ever for me. Sorry about the length of this, but i felt it was important to present the facts accurately and honestly.

glenn

That was a well written statement of dissatisfaction. I applaud your cool demeanor though out its conclusion. I think I would have lost it. :newsmile047:

After some more thought I think maybe I should posted this...........If let anything go on as long as your bad experience did for you {no fault of yours} I would drive myself nuts stewing over it....There for is the reason I said what I did...Mat

Sorry to hear about you luck with them but thank you for posting it so others will not have to deal with them and get the same results.

My question is, why is EPC entitled to a restocking fee?

V&H agreed to accept the return with their fee.
It appears that you proved the device was at fault and there should be no charges at all.
But how does EPC feel they have a restock fee coming to them? Did you return the product to EPC or directly to V&H?

This is exactly the experience that many people are having in all kinds of areas. Truely, what has happened to the ethical business? I prefer dealing face to face and cash. It isn't enough that most of what we need isn't even made here anymore but we are still paying premium prices for less. Add to that "It's not our fault" attitude and it's a wonder that we can get anything we really want done.

Most business do charge a restocking fee.....I think if a product is returned in a timely fashion [let,s say 30 days] that may be different...Im sorry but Im not going to join the band wagon here..:)..There is allot we didn't here ...After all the time that past I think it was nice of them to take it back at all...I think the OP should have done some research on a forum [Like this one] and maybe been willing to spend a little more money for something that would fit his needs...Just my opinion ...I no it differers from yours..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back