free website stats program East Tennessee | Harley Davidson Forums

East Tennessee

Cider1

Hi
At the end of May, my wife and I will be in Pigeon Forge for a couple of days. I thought it would be a good opportunity to rent a bike and sample some of the roads that in that area.
My question is, can anybody give me a bit of guidance as to a suitable route? I want about a 80 - 100 mile round trip. Also, my wife says, with a good mid point stop for a meal.
I hope you can help.
Thanks
Frank

Hi
At the end of May, my wife and I will be in Pigeon Forge for a couple of days. I thought it would be a good opportunity to rent a bike and sample some of the roads that in that area.
My question is, can anybody give me a bit of guidance as to a suitable route? I want about a 80 - 100 mile round trip. Also, my wife says, with a good mid point stop for a meal.
I hope you can help.
Thanks
Frank

What type of riding are you looking for ? Any route is going to be full of twisties. You might have to go to Marysville to rent the bike.

Hi Jonas
Thanks for the reply.
I would prefer a twisty route, then it would be more like the roads in the UK!!
As for bike rental, online, I've found the Smoky Mountain Cycle Rentals in Pigeon Forge. Does anybody have experience?

Frank

Hi
I hope you can help.
Thanks
Frank

A trip over the mountain to Cherokee from Gatlinburg is a good ride.Depending on the time of the year, it may be congested. Its very easy to navigate, one road. Through the park and have lunch in Cherokee, back across the mountain. Several good siteseeing stops. Last time we went through we saw several elk. There are several twisty roads in that area, the Dragon in there. I stay away from the Dragon, too many crazies there. I think the through the park, over the mountain trip will take at least an hour.
I have seen the scooter rental place but have never done business with them.
Have fun and welcome to the USA

Take 441 south / East out of pidgon forge to 19 Cross to Interstate 40 go west to up to exit 443 go back south or west on 339. There are several little joints along the way and for a trip to the states, you will go through a national park, an Indian reservation and a national forest. That little strech of interstate is still pretty and about as twisty as an interstate gets. It is about 100 miles or so all the way back to pidgon forge.

Hey Cider1 ,go to website for tail of the dragon- lots of routes and rides with distances ,sights food etc. also go to motorcycles rides tenn. smokey mountain harley in Gatlinburg is closer to Pigeon forge than Maryville. Spring in the smoky mts is a great time to visit.

Thanks for the advice.
I think we'll definitely do Gatlinburg to Cherokee and then probably return by the same route. I'm still working on SWMBO to agree to come back along the Cherohala Skyway but she's not sure about the distance.
I'll see how I get on.
Once again, thanks for the replies.
Frank

Hey Cider1 ,go to website for tail of the dragon- lots of routes and rides with distances ,sights food etc. also go to motorcycles rides tenn. smokey mountain harley in Gatlinburg is closer to Pigeon forge than Maryville. Spring in the smoky mts is a great time to visit.

I think that HD Shop in Gatlinburg is just a cloths, ect. store. I did not see any bikes there. Unless there is two. I beleive the shop in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge are both owned by the Marysville store.

Thanks for the advice.
I think we'll definitely do Gatlinburg to Cherokee and then probably return by the same route. I'm still working on SWMBO to agree to come back along the Cherohala Skyway but she's not sure about the distance.
I'll see how I get on.
Once again, thanks for the replies.
Frank

There are tons of great roads in the area. Riding through Gatlinburg is a nightmare. You could push the bike through faster then riding it.

Have you ridden in the US before ? I do buiness Fleetwood Lancs. The hour and 1/2 drive from the airport to the plant Is interesting. I just judge my mistakes by how often a horn was blown at me.

If you have not driven here before, it should be quite an adventure.

Back