free website stats program earthquake | Harley Davidson Forums

earthquake

RUSHMORE_14

Ok...I felt tremors at the beach today in Sandy Hook, NJ. Later came to find out there was an earthquake in VA. 5.8. Also heard that the Pentagon was evacuated as well as lower Manhattan. Anyone else?

Daughter and her husband live and work in Washington, DC. She called us while walking home, both evacuated their buildings, met up, and had to walk. The Metro was closed down.

No one hurt as far as she knew.

I was at a friends restaurant in Winchester VA, didn't feel a thing. Wife works in Ashburn VA and said they felt it. Got home and nothing had been knocked off shelves or anything.

I live close to Durham and was riding at the time. I didn't know anything had happened but my wife called me and said the house was rockin.

I'm on a business trip and was eating a late lunch in Seaford DE when the whole building started shaking, light fixtures swinging but nothing falling to th floor. Everyone looked at each other with that look of "what just happened here".... bieng a farm boy form KS I've never experienced anything like that before! Strange feeling for sure.

Thats just a After Shook for us here in Christchurch after our 7.7 last Sept, then a devistating 6.8 that claimed lives in Feb, we are still feeling After Shooks now.

### must say they are NOT nice at all no matter what size they are ###

Ok...I felt tremors at the beach today in Sandy Hook, NJ. Later came to find out there was an earthquake in VA. 5.8. Also heard that the Pentagon was evacuated as well as lower Manhattan. Anyone else?

Believe it or not, I live in Sandy Hook, VA :) Almost 15 miles from the "center" of the quake. I was up on the third story in the house at the time, and got a pretty good shake - enough to knock some stuff off my desk, but no real damage. Got to say, that's about as large of a quake as I ever want to be around for though... I can see how anything much stronger could really cause havoic.

Ran downstairs right afterwards and had to pass the kids on the way to the garage, so yes - I did check on the wife and kids before the bikes :D

Below is an image that captures the devastation in central North Carolina from the quake.:lolrolling

I am expecting about the same damage from Irene in this area. Praying for the ones near the coast though!

tunacan-albums-tunacan+2000+road+king-picture7583-earthquake_damage_in_central_nc_8_23_2011.jpg

It was felt in Southern MA. I believe that we had just stopped riding in N. CT. and were having lunch but felt nothing. My friend up in MA called to ask if I had just felt it as he did very much so. Hey it was a first date kinda thing...I figure if it works out we can say the Earth moved the day we met. Gotta like a gal that rides...now if she can only adjust my primary...:bigsmiley24:

Back