free website stats program Early magnetti fuel tank/ carb conv. | Harley Davidson Forums

Early magnetti fuel tank/ carb conv.

Brutal FXDX

Hey everyone, has anyone in here done a efi to carb swap on 96-99 model? Ive done one before on a 01 that had the quick connect fitting in the tank, and it was a breeze. Having some issues on the older tanks on this 99without the quick connects. So far ive removed the tank and top plate and removed the feed and return check valves (brass). And kinda lost from here. Ive checked all the prior posts on this issue.

I think pingle sells petcock adapters for efi tanks.
Have you tried to google efi to carb conversion, I know someone sells the intire setup just don't have the link handy?

I already have all components needed to convert evi to carb- carb, manifold, ign harness, map sensor, ign mod, pingle adapters ect. Just need to find out how to get the welded or Brazed fittings out from inside tank.

Thanks redfish. The link from GB riders club was great. It was a pain to get into the tank with a small angle grinder to cut off the front (feed) welded fitting inside. Got it ground down even and sticks up about 5mm. My arms pretty sore from getting inside the tank with the grinder. I think i read that if you want a in tank screen you need to get a pingle valve with the smaller screen tube. But im just using a cheap drag petcock w/ a in line filter. Thanks Guys its all down hill from here.:ap

Back