free website stats program Ear Plugs? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ear Plugs?

I wear them when we go for a long highway ride.It keeps me from getting the same deafness as when going to a concert although I don't wear them at a concert.I also wear a HD half helmet.I have an absurdly large melon and only a half helmet fits properly.You have to try on several different kinds to get the one you like,but remember,you get what you pay for!!!

Well joyflyin I hope all is well, and nothing to bad came of your incounter with the bat; but I think if I had to it over again I'll take my chances with the bat. Take it easy bro and ride safe

These are the sort I wear at work:

Ebay: 380055156000

P0030172.jpg

They are fairly stiff, and I find a softer type work better while riding. You don't want too much noise cut out.

And don't get the ones with a string on, because if you yank them out when taking your helmet off you can burst your ear drum with the decompression.

Just a glazing blow of the bat, kind of scary watching that stuff come at you.

With you on that I do not think I would ever ride with out one any more.
I lost a big part of my hearing at one time they say between 40 and 60%.
It is a pain, protect your hearing once you lose it you wish you had it back.
Hearing aids are amazing but a pain and if you think HD is expensive they say these cost about 4000 dollars and HD has a better warranty.

I totally agree... stopped in 3 places on the way home... none had earplugs!

I rode home miserable.... It really was frustrating not hearing the bike, but just a solid WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHHHHHH! :newsmile055:

After I got home, I walked around the house for 15 minutes.... just trying to get my hearing back...

I am retired Army, and loud noises NEVER bother me... but that wind noise drove me NUTS!

I don't know how anybody could ride without either a windscreen or earplug... or a FULL helmet!

Gys, protect you ears.... and if you wear earplugs, be extra careful watching, in case you can't hear the horns beeping or the firetruck riding up behind you!

No one yet has mentioned another reason to wear earplugs-protects your sinuses by way of the eustachion tube and keeps you from getting airborne sinus infections.

What?:shock

Wind noise like any noise is a stressor and stressors weaken the immune system. Your ears and sinus passages are connected. So. noise itself suppresses your immune system and cold air coming through your ears without earplugs can get into your sinuses and make you more likely to catch a cold.

Don't take my word for it. Look it up!

Back