free website stats program Ear plugs | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ear plugs

I was using the Motosafe earplugs like RetiredJake, and also Windtamers which can be found at earplugstore.com also. Then, I had some custom plugs made at the Interemational M/C Show, and use nothing but the custom plugs now.

The simple foam earplugs are good, but I feel they cut out too much sound.

Thanks for all the suggestions on ear plugs. I picked up a box of Howard Leight Max NRR 33 today and they seem to be a good comfortable fit. Thanks SamF!!

Thanks for all the suggestions on ear plugs. I picked up a box of Howard Leight Max NRR 33 today and they seem to be a good comfortable fit. Thanks SamF!!

cool I hope you like them. I buy them by the box as well...lasts about one season cause I only reuse them once or twice...

1+ with Jaceddie, the ones at work are used and then disposed of, so the pair I use I save and put in a small plastic tube in my motorcycle jacket pocket mini one up front. The E.A.R. ones work fine, beats using once and throwing them away.

I like to use those squashy foam ones that you can get "free" from work.

Roll them up and push them in.They work quite well,dont stick out past the ear and dont feel intrusive in the ear.

And of course,ANYTHING is better than nothing.

total nOOb....

why do you want ear plugs? the wind?

The wind noise is definitely loud enough to cause hearing problems. Although it may not seem that bad, the length of time on exposure to the sound is sufficient to do some definite harm.

I have been trying different brands/styles and have so far found that the E.A.R soft yellow ones are by far the most comfortable for me and do a great job with the noise reduction. Definitely makes a difference on my longer rides as far as fatigue goes.

Hoping that wearing them now will reduce the need for hearing aids later.

Back