free website stats program Ear Plugs | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Ear Plugs

I must be the idiot ! On occasion I have seen someone pull in to park their bike and pull out their plugs? I do ride with a windshield... those pebbles hitting me on the hwy really hurt! and I never ride without a helmet. My concern is I want to hear what's going on around me... a cage with lock brakes sliding up behind me... it has happen... a siren of some sort or anything that might be a danger to me that I have not yet seen.. looks like to me ear plugs are more dangerous to you than any good you may get from them!

I must be the idiot ! On occasion I have seen someone pull in to park their bike and pull out their plugs? I do ride with a windshield... those pebbles hitting me on the hwy really hurt! and I never ride without a helmet. My concern is I want to hear what's going on around me... a cage with lock brakes sliding up behind me... it has happen... a siren of some sort or anything that might be a danger to me that I have not yet seen.. looks like to me ear plugs are more dangerous to you than any good you may get from them!

Depending on the type earplug you use, this can be a concern. I had this problem with the typical foam earplugs. When I switched to a pair of the soft rubber type that have a small hole in them, I found I could actually hear a lot of traffic noises that I had not been able to earlier. I also find I can actually hear my stereo better because the plugs reduce the wind noise.

I have tried many types of earplugs, but the best thing that I have used to keep the wind out and still let me hear the pipes and traffic is just a simple cotton ball torn in half for the size of my ear. The cost is next to nada and they can be thrown away after you use it. I just keep 2 or 3 in my jacket pocket at all times. (I take them from my wifes make-up case.)

Back