free website stats program E15 gas | Harley Davidson Forums

E15 gas

Mongo1958

Got this from an ABATE friend of mine.
No sure if this is the right place to post this.
Man I'm not liking this!!!

NCOM:

NCOM BIKER NEWSBYTES

Compiled & Edited by Bill Bish,

National Coalition of Motorcyclists (NCOM)

FEDERAL E-15 MINIMUM FUEL PURCHASE MANDATE

“However inconceivable it may seem, ethanol has managed to earn itself another enemy. To service-station owners, refiners, vintage-car collectors, economists and car manufacturers themselves, add motorcycle riders,” reported the New York Times in announcing a new EPA mandate that requires consumers to purchase a minimum of 4 gallons of E-15 gasoline.

At issue is E15, a gasoline blend consisting of 15% ethanol, rather than the typical 10% formulation E10. The federal Environmental Protection Agency has approved E15 for all cars from the 2001 model year and newer, but the E.P.A. has not approved its use for any motorcycles or all-terrain vehicles and its use could void manufacturers’ warranties.

To help keep E15 out of these and other unapproved nonroad engines, service stations offering E15 and E10 from the same pump station must agree to sell a minimum of 4 gallons of fuel per purchase in order to protect the engine of the next customer’s vehicle, as the fueling hose retains roughly a third of a gallon from the previous customer’s fill-up. But not all motorcycle fill-ups reach four gallons, as some motorcycles don’t have tanks with that volume, or their owners may want to merely top them off.

Exactly how a service station with pay-at-the-pump equipment could enforce the rule remains unclear, and the new EPA requirement announced in a response to an AMA inquiry is already generating ire on Capitol Hill where Congressman Jim Sensenbrenner (R-WI) told the Times; “The E.P.A. has no business mandating how much gasoline Americans have to buy when filling up at the pump. What if a rider doesn’t have a motorcycle with a four gallon tank,” he challenged. “Or if someone wants to fill a canister for their lawnmower or outboard boat engine, but it only holds two or three gallons? Or what if an American, struggling in this economy, just can’t afford four gallons of gas?”

ELECTRIC MOTORCYCLES EXTENDED TAX CREDIT

Good news for eco-minded aficionados of two-wheeled transport, as the Senate Finance Committee has approved a tax credit for purchasers of on-road electric motorcycles amounting to 10% of the purchase price up to $2,500.

Electric-powered two wheelers have been without a federal purchase incentive since the beginning of 2012, when the original tax break expired that was part of the $800 billion stimulus package passed in 2009.

The committee approved a bipartisan package of tax credits on August 2, including the amendment by Senator Ron Wyden (D-OR) to extend the tax credit for buying EV bikes designed for street use. With “thousands of red white and blue jobs on the line” in America’s cutting edge E-bike industry, Wyden says the tax break is necessary and will cost $15 million over two years. Now the measure will be considered by the full Senate.

First of all, the "fuel left in the hose myth" has already been exposed:

Harley Davidson Community

Second, even if it were accurate, how does requiring a 4 gallon purchase take care of 1/3 gallon supposedly left in the hose? Talk about overkill!

Dr. D. This has nothing to do with the amount of fuel left in the hose. It's all about the EPA and the Gov forcing us to buy a minimum of 4 U.S. Gal of gas.

Second, even if it were accurate, how does requiring a 4 gallon purchase take care of 1/3 gallon supposedly left in the hose? Talk about overkill!

Yeah, the report does say the hose holds some gas of the previous customer however the Gov is making us buy a Min of 4 Gal of gas!!! That is what is infuriating me.

in missouri, the law says that gas stations don't have to post that they sell ethenol. but the 93 octane is reg. gas .& i think 91 is too, but don't quote me on that.

in missouri, the law says that gas stations don't have to post that they sell ethenol. but the 93 octane is reg. gas .& i think 91 is too, but don't quote me on that.
You get a choice. Here in the Atlanta region we don't have a choice.

That's a myth that premium doesn't have ethanol. It, and mid and regular all have 10%, unless they say otherwise. As far as MO not requiring an ethanol label, that's (EDIT) , I want to know what I'm buying. The closest place I can buy no-ethanol gas in N.E. NC is at a marina 20 miles away, (EDIT) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Back