free website stats program E-85 in bikes anyone?!???! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

E-85 in bikes anyone?!???!

I am totoally against ethanol. They have a plant in kansas and it uses and wastes enourmous amounts of water to make it. When all is said and done, it costs more to make and is hugely wasting a much more precious resource. The manufactures of this also know this to be a fact. If you want an alternative fuel that is clean, cheap and available, natural gas is the answer. I would not EVER use ethanol. JMHO.

Not in a stock motor, they are not built to run alcohol. Too much water in the fuel and too cool of a burn. There is a reason you build up a race motor to run alcohol, it is a very different fuel.

Is this true even if he claims the bike has been tuned to run it. I would never even think of putting it in my bike. I do not see any benefit of it. I heard that stuff gets horrible mileage, so I do not see any point what so ever.

Its going to get worse, they will sneak in more ethanol while we sleep and ruin our motors:bigsmiley15:

I have a Chevy Avalanche...run E-85 pay 1.89 per gallon... get 14 mpg. unleaded 2.86 per gallon get 17 mpg....can u say cost savings? Nuff said!!!

Someday you'll ditch your ultra for a Dyna.

I have a Chevy Avalanche...run E-85 pay 1.89 per gallon... get 14 mpg. unleaded 2.86 per gallon get 17 mpg....can u say cost savings? Nuff said!!!

Sorry, no offense. If all you take into consideration is that calculation, then you have a lot to learn. First of all, if you are concerned about mileage, why are you driving an Avalanche? Does it not matter to you how much waste is involved in making the Ethanol? Or how much waste of water is involved? (I doubt you know) Or what it costs in tax payers (YOURS) subsidies? LOTS! Ethanol makes Zero sense and is terribly expensive. If not for taxpayers subbing it, it would be done already. It costs way more than your gas does, you just don't know it. If all people look at is what is right in front of their nose, without realizing the entirety of it, then they are the perfect consumer. If you look at the entire picture, you are getting burned. Again, no offense.....NUFF SAID!

No I just believe in Ethanol...what you say is somewhat true, but you are not looking at the big picture, we are trying to rid ourselves of the dependance of foreign oil. Also it is good for the farmers that have been struggling for years on the price of corn and soybeans. We are finally making progress in these areas. Would I burn it in my Harley? No, but it works great in E85 compatable vehicles. We have others issues about the environment we need to worry about, but no one wants to address them here. And by the way, I have family in the farming business, so of course I am biased. My taxes are being hurt by having too many democrats in office...JMHO.

Someday you'll ditch your ultra for a Dyna.

we are trying to rid ourselves of the dependance of foreign oil. ......... And by the way, I have family in the farming business, so of course I am biased. My taxes are being hurt by having too many democrats in office...JMHO.

I am all for ridding ourselfs from foreign oil. I have worked in the oil industry all my life and I am from a state that is driven by agriculture and secondly oil. (North Dakota) If Ethanol made sense, I would be for it as well, but I have looked into it, extensively, and it takes so much water to produce, and so many liberal tax dollars, it just does not make sense. Natural gas is clean, available and can rid us of foreign dependancy. As far your last statement, democrats in office, I could not agree with you more brother. But that is a perfect example of what I am stating. It is they who continue to sub the production of Ethanol. Without the tax subs it would be dead. The people of Kansas, a huge agricultural, oil and gas state are seeing their water aquifer (SP) deminish and are fighting for their lifes to stop it. Appreciate your opinion, but I bet if you dig, you would agree it does not make sense with all considered. Ride safe.

I have a Chevy Avalanche...run E-85 pay 1.89 per gallon... .

I have this terrible feeling that the attractive price will only be that until we all have E85 transportation. At that time, once we are all married and committed to the beast,,,, WAMMO... up goes the price back to what we were paying for premium gasoline because of some other new harmful byproduct effect it has on our environment that time.
I love my country but I just no longer trust anything they say or promise..

Yea...it is too bad that we cannot make wind energy drive our rides!! We have alot of windmills in Iowa, that would be a great way to ride! You ride safe too!

Back