free website stats program Dyno Tuning | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyno Tuning

Drumrguy

Account Removed
Ok, here goes, my 05 Ultra Classic has the 95" piston and jug kit, Vance and Hines CNC ported heads with oversized valves, cams, etc., the dealer that did it cannot tune it right, the will not give me more fuel at low rpm, which in turn is causing exhaust pops and stalling after riding on the highway, after several trips back to them I realized they were making it worse, so after a bunch of phone calls, I got the name of Brian at Zepka Harley in Johnstown, Pa., they are gonna pick my bike up and fully tune it next week, they tell me they get bikes from as far as Florida to tune, wondering if anyone here has used them or knows someone that used them. I am very excited to see what he does with it and how much more power he gets out of it for me, but he promises more power and the decell pop and stalling to be gone. :small3d018:

I can't help your with your question, but wanted to wish you good luck...nothing worse than spending all that time and money and not getting what you want from the shop. Let us know what dyno number you get from them. Best Tom

I can't give you an answer to your question, but I can tell you it's ALL in the ECM mapping. Proper mapping can turn the engine "ON" like a light switch.

Well, it is done, just waiting for them to bring it back to me, they say it runs great, cannot wait to get it home and start riding, nothing like taking that big thing out and pushing it as hard as I can.

Well, I am getting my scooter back tomorrow, I cannot wait to come home from work and take it out for a ride. Hopefully it will not be raining, I would like to take it out to the highway and open it up and then hit some twisty back roads to see how it runs. Hopefully I will be happy, if not, guess I am going back to the drawing board, but I think it will be good. I love my scoot, I gotta say out of all the bikes I have owned this is by far my 2nd favorite, my favorite bike was my 1977 FLH with a 93" stroker motor, I love my shovels, but I really like my Ultra Classic. Well, that is all I have to talk about right now, I will update tomorrow night after I ride the scooter tomorrow. Have a great night guys.

drumrguy, I just had a 107" motor built a Zepkas and I don't have enough good things to say about them. They are the premier shop in my area for builds and tuning( I live 80 miles away from Zepkas ). Billy from Zepkas is who built my motor and he is an excellent builder and tuner as well. I think you will be pleased with the results you get from them.

Well, scooters back, got home from work, jumped on it, got about 1 mile from the house and 2 deers jumped out in front of me, so I just turned around and came home. But I can say I felt the difference in the short distance I rode, I could really feel the cams kick in, so I gues I will just have to wait for another day. :(

wow, yeah the deer were a sign if i've ever seen them. i have the power commander that i can adjust with any new part by downloading the proper map for free.

Yeah, I wish I could have the Power Commander, but after talking to them even if I had one, with the extent of my motor work, they say the bike still has to go on the dyno.

Back