free website stats program Dyno tune | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyno tune

My 1st idea would be to ride a bit more conservatively and keep the many hundreds of dollars that would be spent on dyno which probably is not going to change much and use that money for the gas tank and just keep on riding and enjoying your awesome steed....:s
I agree that contacting PCIII manufacture and discuss changing map would be time better spent....

I do ride very conservatively, no jack rabbit starts or winding out the gears.
All that stuff was done in the '60's and '70's.
I'm aware of my riding capability and at my age, very close to the latter of the two numbers above, no longer have an interest in showing off.
Oh I forgot I also have true duels, a senior moment.
I will call Dyno Jet to see if they will help. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

What I'm looking for is better milage.
Stock I got 40-45 mpg, with a power commander PCIII, SE AC and SE touring slipons I get 30-35. The bike runs good, no mechanical problems.
The PC came preprogramed, I just pluged it in,

2006 FLHTC. Does the PCIII use the factory O2 sensors or are they dead headed with terminating plugs.

2006 FLHTC. Does the PCIII use the factory O2 sensors or are they dead headed with terminating plugs.

There were no o2 sensors on my bike, I did not see any terminating plugs anywhere on the PC when I installed it. The PC has one harness the plugs into the ECM, on the top there is a usb port with a plug in it and a port for a 9v battery.

There were no o2 sensors on my bike,

When I read your reply, I said to myself... "that can't be". So I pulled out the schematics of your bike and sure enough you are right. A 2006 FLXX FI bike can come fully open loop driven. I thought by 2006 all FLXX were closed loop. Nope,, not true.

I would say that narrows down your options.
You may as well forget the Dyno tuning thing. That's totally out of the question.

You said you were going to call Dyno Jet and talk to them. See if what they say helps. If it doesn't, (and assuming you have good compression and a low cylinder leakage number) that leaves you with just a couple of choices.

My number 1 choice would be a Dobeck Gen 4. You will have to weld a bung port in yor header pipe, but it would be totally worth it.

The dealership I use charges a flat 4 hour rate = $340. regardless how long it takes to tune. That's how much my dyno tune was last month.

First, thanks for all the replies.
I have ruled out the dyno tune.
Contacted Dyno Jet and they sent me a custom map to down load. Hopefully it will improve the fuel economy, time will tell. Also a friend suggested I change the plug wires to excel wires and use autolite plugs. I'm going to give it try and watch for improvement before investing in a TFI to replace the PC.
Thanks again

Back