free website stats program Dyno on my FLHTP after pipes and tune. | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyno on my FLHTP after pipes and tune.

cowboywildbill

Hi everyone, The continuing story from my 2 into 1 Sampsons back to the stock headers on our bike and then the Pre EPA screaming eagle slip on's. I loaded the generic map into my power commander for the slip on's and air cleaner setup. The bike runs so much better. It is smoother it pulls better at low and mid range. I can't tell if it's faster or slower when I go wide open, but it is much nicer now. When I got the bike it had been dyno-ed and was making 67 hp with the 2 into 1 and high flow air cleaner and I can't remember the torque was. I just had it dyno-ed at a dyno shhotout and with the new pipes and map and it was making 71.5 hp and 79.2 ft lbs of torque. They couldn't give me an air/fuel ratio because the probes wouldn't go in my slip on's.
The tuner said he didn't feel that it was running lean and it pulled good and wasn't getting hot. He thought I was fine where it was at. He said he could usually feel a bike fall off at a point if it was way lean and pop on decel.And mine doesn't pop.
I pulled the front plug and showed it to them and they said it looked great.
I'm guessing that the previous setup was running rich and sure wasn't dialed in. Maybe the generic map wasn't right then.
These pipes sound really good. I guess time will tell if it is too lean or not. I have put about 130 miles on this setup on near 100 degree day's. I guess if I had a problem I would have cooked a valve or burned a nice hole into a piston by now? It was only $25 for the dyno, and he would have done the air/fuel if he could have. But they didn't have time to pull the mufflers off due to it being a shoot out. He said that my numbers were really good for a stock 88 and if they had been much higher he would have been suspect of a lean condition. I seem to be getting the same mpg. about 38 to 40. So hopefully I'm in the ballpark.

Re: Dyno on my FLHTP after pipes and tune.Please chime in.

Glider what do ya think. I just hope it isn't lean. Feel free to chime in and let me know what you think and what experiences any have had with generic maps. . Thanks

The generic maps are reasonably close but the same map for another bike with the same options may not run right.

The only real way to tell is a dyno with a sniffer that samples the exhaust.

It's only guessing without the proper information from a dyno run done properly.

Using plugs as a basis of telling how a bike is running doesn't cut it any more since the lead has been removed from gas. You'll get a white to tan color on most any plug regardless of the mixture setting. What you get now on plugs is the result of the fuel additives only. The ground strap will be an indicator of the heat range but that about all the info that is useful without getting up inside the plug with a 10X magnifier glass.

Thanks guy's, I'll have to pull the slip on's off one day and let them sniff it. Does the HP to Torque on my run sound about right?

My #'s at 101.22 degrees F. were highest torque 78.72 ft. lbs at 4000 rpm & The hp at 4000 was 60 hp.
Highest hp 71.53 was at 5250 rpm and the torque was also at 71.53 ft. lb
in the sweet spot. Then the hp stayed to 5600 and the torque started to fall off to about 69 ft lbs.after 5250 rpm. Does that sound right?

I forgot to post what the numbers where on my dyno run.

Sorry I forgot to post where the hp and torque were comming in at what rpm. I added the info to my post below. Maybe Glider and Hobbit and some of you tuners can decipher it and see if it's normal. Thanks.

Back