free website stats program Dyno A "MUST" For Stage One? | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyno A "MUST" For Stage One?

hd4evr

Banned
I'm doing a Stage One upgrade on my 2007 Road King and people are saying I "Must" get a dyno tune when I do. Dealer says it's not necessary with just a stage one. What do you guys think?

I'm doing a Stage One upgrade on my 2007 Road King and people are saying I "Must" get a dyno tune when I do. Dealer says it's not necessary with just a stage one. What do you guys think?

Something to adjust for the new air/fuel mix should be done. If not then you will probably notice some major differences in how the bike handles when you give it a twist. The changes might be very minor and not really noticeable, or they might be a much hotter engine, stalls, backfire, etc.

Something to adjust for the new air/fuel mix should be done. If not then you will probably notice some major differences in how the bike handles when you give it a twist. The changes might be very minor and not really noticeable, or they might be a much hotter engine, stalls, backfire, etc.

Dealer is installing Rinehart slip ons, a POWERCOMMADER III, and SE airbox. Shouldn't the PCIII take care of this?

I just has the stage one done with the SERT, Stage1 Air, and SE Slipons. My dealer said I didn't 'need' a dyno but said it would tweak the performance a bit but isn't necessary -

No. And unless you are settled on the PC III, I recommend the TFI instead. Even if the Dealership won't do it, do it yourself. Easy stuff, and will allow YOU to fiddle with adding more fuel or not as you want to get the performance out of the new AC and pipes. Lots of experience with TFI here, and some of the Dobeck folks are members and will address questions here on the forum.

TQ

I second going with the Dobeck TFI. Installed myself with one of the Dobeck guys on the phone to walk me through. Very easy install on my 09 RKC.

The TFI is the Best way to go... Price wise and a discount (check which discount apply to you)

The MANY TFI's in use today that I have suggested..... Feed-back to me,,, I have ONLY had Good reports...

The quality of the TFI and what it does,,,, and its Ease to Install along with saving the Big Bucks for NOT using the HD Dealer or the Dyno. A Bigger plus..

Read up on it here and ASK the TFI people any questions or just read the ones Asked and Answered here on this site and you will become a believer!

signed....BUBBIE

I've been doing some reading about this and have come too realize that, sure you can put a free breathing filter and new pipes on your bike without a dyno tune. What will happen is this, the O2 sensors will pick up the changes and will readjust the AF mix and all you'll end up with is a lean burning bike. Not the result you want at all if you're putting in a stage 1. The whole purpose of the stage 1 is for power right? By not getting a fuel management system and getting either a dyno or at the least a new map you will end up with the same problem you had when you started. A lean burning and hot running bike designed to pass an EPA test. Spend the bucks and get your tuner and get it dyno'd at least once. very interesting article in A.I. about those right angle intakes some guys are using too. Seems they cause a real issue as far as air fuel mix between the 2 cylinders being askew. (but the look real cool) Seems the tube needs to be pointing up to make the AF mix even between the 2. The past few issues have had a great series of articles on dyno's and tuning.

Back