free website stats program Dyna Wish List | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Wish List

SilverFoXD

Contributor
:bigsmiley23:

Just picked up the 2013 Parts and Accessory catalog and spotted two items us Dyna riders have been wishing for.

1. Rider Footboard Kit. Number 50500247 at $399.95. Fits '06 and later and '06-'08 wide glides. There is also a full color photo of an FXDC with the boards installed.

2. 4" Digital speedo/analog tach. Number 70900274 in spun aluminum at $299.95. Fits '04-'11 Dynas, plus some XL and FXCW models. Appears to be full-featured but with specific model and model year limitations.

Finding desirable components for your bike is easy as there are lots of options available it is always finding the money to complete the wish list that holds me back

Brian

I saw some new passenger armrests for the Ultra Classic that look pretty good too. (Pretty PRICEY as well) I know that Kuryakyn has offered them for a LONG time,

The MoCo loves to bring out the Big Boy Toys book so wee can just drool all over the new (EDIT)

Last edited by a moderator:
:bigsmiley23:

Just picked up the 2013 Parts and Accessory catalog and spotted two items us Dyna riders have been wishing for.

1. Rider Footboard Kit. Number 50500247 at $399.95. Fits '06 and later and '06-'08 wide glides. There is also a full color photo of an FXDC with the boards installed.

2. 4" Digital speedo/analog tach. Number 70900274 in spun aluminum at $299.95. Fits '04-'11 Dynas, plus some XL and FXCW models. Appears to be full-featured but with specific model and model year limitations.

Ordered the speedo/tach combo today. Will post how the install goes.

I ordered the footboards on the 6th, backordered till 9/12. Just found out backorder moved to 10/12 due to unexpected demand.

Ordered the speedo/tach combo today. Will post how the install goes.

Installation of the tach/speedo took all of 17 minutes from covering the tank with a towel to the test ride. The instructions are detailed and long, 6 pages, but the installation is easy. The only tool needed is a small allen wrench to remove the rear plate on the speedo housing.

While the initialization process retains the odometer reading you will lose any Trip A and B mileage; A goes to 0.0 but B to 31.1 (50 kilometers). As you drive B counts down the miles to zero at which time the unit is locked to that particular bike. Gives you time to change your mind, I guess. Otherwise, both count upwards normally.

The gas gauge works but does not closely agree with the analog gauge. Might be the analog gauge's fault as it read differently after being pulled for service. I lost the '6' speed gear light; on the '08 and newer bikes there is a gear feature and on the '09 and newer range to empty feature that are not supported on my '07. The P & A says there is a choice between MPH and Km/H but there is nothing about it in the instructions.

The RPM and speed match up as they agree with the RPM/speed chart the forum has, showing 3000 @ 80 mph.

So far I'm pleased. Will continue to play with the Setup and see what I find and what colors I like.

Attachments

• Updating mileage from data port.jpg
    Updating mileage from data port.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Installed.jpg
    Installed.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 25
Back