free website stats program Dyna Windshield Question.. | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Windshield Question..

My Dyna has a Q.D. windshield that can be slid up and down on the fork tubes about 1 1/2", and can be tilted back and forth by loosening 4 screws. Just a little bit of height or tilt variance makes noticeable changes in the airflow the rider feels. Several times I've ridden around with an allen wrench in one pocket and a notebook in the other writing down speeds and perceived buffeting as I made changes. It's a good way to waste away an afternoon. :D

Just to add my two cents, i bought one of the early detachable ones and it created a buffeting at speeds over fifty. It was hard to hold my head still, i had to move forward or back. I shimmed it to lean back a little and it improved it, but did not eliminate the problem. During a rain storm it blew the water right up my 3/4 face helmet. really anoying. I could only lower it a bit so i used a coping saw to cut about an inch off the top then sanded it smooth. Still not perfect, maybe the new style works better.

Zip

Back