free website stats program Dyna Windshield Question.. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Windshield Question..

Wow Jack, you have to be kidding. That would be awesome!. My strut legs are 49mm. Is that what you have?

Wow Jack, you have to be kidding. That would be awesome!. My strut legs are 49mm. Is that what you have?

:s Yep, the cool thing about the quick release system is you can move it to the top or the bottom of the tubes giving you instant adjustment. H D now makes a lock for the clamp also to slow down theft:s

I bought the HD quick detach windshield (compact), for my fxdf, about 3 years ago. Until I read this post, I had forgotten that mine was lightly smoked. That was the only option available for the fxdf, at that time. I had the same concerns as you when I was doing my research. I can see over the windshield, but have no problem looking through it, even at night. Like I said, I had forgotten that it was smoked, because it is so lightly smoked. I think you will like it.

Doesn't Harley Davidson have demo windshields at all their dealerships? Try them until you find one you like. The size, style and adjustment can determine how much buffeting you will get and at what speeds.

I have the HD quick release light smoke & it's no problem, very light tint. It's so light I've been thinking of getting it darkened!

Every time I ride by the window tint store, I consider stopping. Windowtint dot com has a removable "windshield friendly" film for sale but I don't need 10 x 5 ft roll.

I recommend you get the tall windshield. The HD short windshield gave me "helmet flutter" on the freeway. It seemed faster than without a windshield. I'm 5'8", and wear a half-helmet. The dealer exchanged it for a tall version the next day, and I have been happy with it ever since.

:44:

I know this is a late reply but after you get your windshield you might find that you get a lot of wind buffeting and if you do look at the little brackets I made for mine , it made a world of difference . It tilted mine back towards me about an inch .

Back