free website stats program Dyna Wide Glide Trivia question. | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Wide Glide Trivia question.

Randall K. Wilson

The Dyna Wide glide was made for many years. A mighty fine ride it it. Now it is no longer manufacutured. I have several friends who have enjoyed their Wide Glides. From reading some H-D History...I think in 1980 when the first Dyna Wide Glide was built...what distinct process in the manufacuring of this cycle really brought a major technical challenge at the factory?

Thought this tid bit of H-D history might be interesting to the owners of this model.

1991 was the first year of the dyna line, prior to that it was referred to as the wide glide because of the 41 MM fork tubes and the wider tipple trees.

This is just an assumption, but I think HD introduced the WideGlide in 1980 to replicate the classic choppers of the late 60's and early 70's. At least, that’s what they advertise when I purchased mine.

:)The Wide Glide was in FACT first introduced in 1980 (My very first Harley). HOWEVER it was not a Dyna... The Dyna line was as stated here introduced in '91.

1980 was the first year of the 80CI, hence the term I'm sure you have heard "an 80-80. I have since had an '87 and '96 Wide Glide and bought a 2001 today.

All in this post are part right. Hope this helps. :)

First year ot the wide glide the motor problems were terrible. The valve guides were a different material and caused a lot of problems if Im not wrong it was one of the first years of the 80 ci

Back