free website stats program Dyna VS Softail | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna VS Softail

I'm a fan of softails myself. But if it was bang for the buck you're looking for the dynas are a bit cheaper. They are both excellent bikes. I don't like the handling of the stock dunlop tires on either one. Tires seem to affect handing a lot. I'd suggest Dunlop E3's or Metzler ME880's, even Avon venoms are a ton better than the Dunlop D series.
If you're looking for more bike for your money go with the dyna superglide. It has a better power to weight ratio with the big 96ci. I went with the softail myself but ditched the stock tires and it handles great, but it sits lower than the dyna... So if i'm not careful i scrape. But still, i'm just more comfortable on the softail, thats what did it for me. I don't regret it.

If youre new to Harleys and not sure what kind of riding you'll be doing consider this.The Dyna sits taller is faster and handles better.So if youre looking for a bar hopper this is your bike.The softail on the other hand sits lower {good for those short on the inseem} is a bit longer {giving rider/passenger a bit more space on long trips} and doesnt have those rear shocks to contend with when seeking bags.
If youre on the fence about touring with the wife but still want that youthfull cool look buy the Softail.If youre on youre 3rd girlfriend this year and just plan on riding local with that occasional long trip with friends buy the Dyna.

Back