free website stats program Dyna Vibration | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Vibration

Kjay

I have an 06 Dyna with around 20000 miles I bought new and now I am getting vibration seems like from the motor. could it possibly be the inner primary bearing? My rear wheel is almost bald so I ordered another tire which I should get Tuesday. The belt tension is good and the wheels don't seem to be wobbling. When I accelerate fast its okay but when I accelerate slow or slow down I can feel it in the motor or trans, it sort of feels like it is growling but not grinding. I read a thread on this site about inner bearing replacements at 15,000 miles but it was down played by Harley.Is there anyone else haveing this problem on thier dyna or any other model that seems simliar to this problem? Any advice? Here in the windy city the season is about to come to an end and I want to enjoy some of the last days we have this year without having to worry if I will make it to my destination or back home. Please Help.

I had this problem with my 06 dyna at 14,000 miles. It definetly makes a growling noise from the primary side of the bike, but the noise will stop when you pull in your clutch if it;s your inner primary bearing. I followed the advice of the members on here and called harleys customer service line. I was told to take it to a dealer and have them tear it down and if it was my inner primary bearing they would cover the cost. Also do yourself a favor and while they have it tore down that far have them put on the upgraded welded rotor kit, yours is bolted together and it probably won't be long until it grenades itself in your primary case.

I tore down my primary to weld the screws on my rotor before it had a chance to go south on me. I followed the manual whch has you remove the inner primary in order to get the rotor off. The bad mainshaft bearing and race were exposed to me then. The bike had 9,700 miles on it. The dealer that I bought it from in 06 said that I was only the 2nd person to have the bad bearing problem. This was in April of this year. I know that some people grind clearance inside the inner primary to get the rotor off. I decided to follow the manual and I am glad I did. I would not have gotten 15,000 miles. Did a dealer do you rotor?

No an independent mechanic did my rotor and he did say he he had to grind the inner race to get the rotor back on because he bought a new rotor mine was shot. the bolts came loose.

I had the same problem on my 03 wideglide with about 35000 miles on it. Under close inspection, the front engine rubber vibration block had actually cracked down the middle into two pieces. The mechanic said he had never seen one do that. It still looked shiney and new and it really took a close inspection to find it. I am referring to the big rubber block at the front lower part of the engine right behind the front tire. Prob solved with a repair.

CrossRider

This post is almost 7 months old. I would think by now the OP has found the problem:s

Still, seeing the possible solution here for the first time is a benefit to other members with the same bike and maybe a similar problem down the road. It all adds to my knowledge base which is why I am a member here. So although late for the original poster, I appreciate the response.

It would be nice if the original poster of the problem would follow up with the solution for the rest of us as well.
:D

Back