free website stats program dyna rebuild done | Harley Davidson Forums

dyna rebuild done

corrigon

Contributor
I think I mentioned when I started on this that it was bare frame to finished bike. I don't always remember things. Anyhow, my opinion is that a drunk monkey could do this job. Well, I shoudn't call myself a monkey but I am not backing up on the drunk part. I am going to mostly tell about the engine work because the rest of it is boooring and besides I don't remember a lot of it. One tricky part was splitting the crank, you need some pretty expensive tools to do this. Lucky for me I didn't have any of them but I do have a well used 8 pound sledge hammer. Amazing what you can do if you have the room to really get a swing at it. One problem with this method is trying to get the side to side clearance on the rods which mine turned out a little tight which in turn makes it a brute to turn the engine over to assemble the top part. I don't know the exact specs for that clearance but being a Harley I would guess somewhere between 1/4 and 1/2 inch. Anyhow when I got done the stupid starter coudn't handle it even with 24 volts so I went and got my neighbor with his diesel truck. Man that baby can pull even though it makes as much noise running as a Harley. Anyhow, long story short, as soon as the rear tire quit sliding on the bike I got it fired up. One thing I would recommend if you do yours this way have a water supply close when you start it because with these close tolerances these hummers can get REAL warm. Actually the bike turned out pretty nice and when the weather warms up enough to paint the tank and fenders I will post a picture if anyone is interested.

Is it warm enough to paint yet where you are? I'm interested in seeing. How's the project going otherwise?

Bump to the top looking for the pictures of the build:D

Back