free website stats program dyna no start | Harley Davidson Forums

dyna no start

hope some one can help I have 2005 dyna that was running and put into storage for 3 years now after putting in a new battery it cranks but does not start. I have no spark at the plugs. Any advice.

I skipped over you not having spark....I bet the gas is bad also..Someone will be along that can help you.

First thing I would check is for 12Vdc at the coil. Then check you CP sensor. Do you have a repair manual? If you don't it is a Valuable piece of to have. Did you put in New Spark Plugs?
tourbox

I will check for the 12V at the coil but i'll have to try and down load a service manual, the plugs are not new but they are out and I have a spark plug tester on the plug wires. Thanks for the help

If you pulled the plugs to check spark you will not get any spark. The ing systems on ECM equipped harley's require at least 90 lbs of compression or they will not send spark to the plugs. The only way to test for spark at the plug is to leave the spark plug in the head install a spark tester in line and then crank the bike.

the plugs are removed and I have installed a plug that clips to ground and connects to the plug wire.

You can't do that as Seadog pointed out. I would bet you will have spark and it's a fuel issue of some kind. Leaving fuel in an injected engine for 3 years could be a job to clean out.

You can do a nice job of cleaning the fuel system after adding fresh fuel add about 3 oz of SeaFoam it is the best fuel system cleaner I have found. I use it in everything including my Ultra.

Back