free website stats program Dyna Neck Bearings | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Neck Bearings

fwcole

Anyone ever tried drilling and tapping a grease zerk in a dyna neck?
I need to replace my neck bearings and was thinking of doing this while I had it apart.

I believe I read on this sight that the Dyna neck is open to the frame tubes.You would be filling the entire frame with grease.

I believe I read on this sight that the Dyna neck is open to the frame tubes.You would be filling the entire frame with grease.

Just close it off. Can't be that involved to do it.

Anyone ever tried drilling and tapping a grease zerk in a dyna neck?
I need to replace my neck bearings and was thinking of doing this while I had it apart.

When you replace your neck bearings, if you can, take some pictures of the inside neck and post them. If you have the know-how to replace the bearings, you have the know-how to seal off the frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rick, We need to find a way to give out trophies to innovated minds. I can't believe so many people just accept the way it is because it's the way it was.:p

Just close it off. Can't be that involved to do it.

I wish I'd had that mindset the last time I packed my Dyna's neck bearings. I didn't even look to see exactly where it's open.
It could probably be done with a strip of tin and epoxy to hold it. Or that expanding foam (if it stands up to petrochem).

Breeze, I'm on a mission now. My bike only has 7K miles on it but I was thinking of changing the fork oil with the next couple of months. And once the legs are pulled, I would only be an hour away from having the lower triple tree out. From there I would only be an hour away from having a tapped hole and zerk fitting in the neck and only an hour away from having the frame sealed off....and only an hour...and

See how my crazy mind works?:p:p

Breeze, I'm on a mission now. My bike only has 7K miles on it but I was thinking of changing the fork oil with the next couple of months. And once the legs are pulled, I would only be an hour away from having the lower triple tree out. From there I would only be an hour away from having a tapped hole and zerk fitting in the neck and only an hour away from having the frame sealed off....and only an hour...and

See how my crazy mind works?:p:p

And 2 years later the bike is ready and back on the road with so many modifications it looks nothing like what you started with
Ive been there

Brian

Back