free website stats program Dyna Lower Rider Stalling Out! | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Lower Rider Stalling Out!

gina_may4

My husband just bought a 2005 Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider about a month ago, since the weather hasn’t been nice for riding he has only been on it a couple of times. Last week he stalled out several times on freeway and while getting off the freeway. He had it towed to the dealership where he bought it at, the people where very nice. They said they ran every test possible to man; it took them three days in total to run the tests, they said they test drove the bike three different times 8 miles each time. The last person my husband spoke with said he believes there is nothing wrong with the bike and he agrees 100% that the bike is safe. Today has been one week since the last time the bike stalled out and my husband just stalled out 11 times trying to get home today; again he was on the freeway.

Does anyone have any ideas to what is going on? Any ideas would be great. Thank you so much!!

My husband just bought a 2005 Harley Davidson Dyna Low Rider about a month ago, since the weather hasn’t been nice for riding he has only been on it a couple of times. Last week he stalled out several times on freeway and while getting off the freeway. He had it towed to the dealership where he bought it at, the people where very nice. They said they ran every test possible to man; it took them three days in total to run the tests, they said they test drove the bike three different times 8 miles each time. The last person my husband spoke with said he believes there is nothing wrong with the bike and he agrees 100% that the bike is safe. Today has been one week since the last time the bike stalled out and my husband just stalled out 11 times trying to get home today; again he was on the freeway.

Does anyone have any ideas to what is going on? Any ideas would be great. Thank you so much!!

When it stalls out will it crank right back up or do you have to wait a bit before it will start? If you have to wait try opening the gas cap and see if it will crank up. It may be a crimped vent hose or faulty gas cap. Has your husband checked for trouble codes?

he stalled out several times on freeway and while getting off the freeway.

Do you mean on the freeway while "under power" or "off power" while coming off the freeway. Two completely different circumstances.
Also is this bike FI or carb.

Back