free website stats program dyna hybrid softail | Harley Davidson Forums

dyna hybrid softail

i have not, but there isn't just one softail front end. you have the deuce style, heritage/fat boy style, springer, etc., etc. so, might need to narrow it down specifically, before your question can truly be answered. just wondering though, isn't the wide glide pretty much about the wide glide front end? i love it when people customize/modify their rides to suit their tastes, but to change a wide glide front end on a dyna wide glide doesn't seem to be a first natural choice of change. just my .02 - good luck and happy riding.

Just a thought.... Fat boy have the big head light w/running lights, fat tire. Like to see what it would look like??????? :eam

it would probably look like a smaller, stripped down flh. a pretty good look in my opinion - pics attached for example.

Attachments

• 096207.jpg
    096207.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 91
  • 096226.jpg
    096226.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 113
When looking @ bikes I was interested in a Road King, Low rider, Etc..... I'm 6'4" 250lbs. I got on several Fat Front End bikes..... I just wasn't comfortable.. Not enough leg room. My legs would cramp from not enough strech. I got the dyna with front control extensions. Problem solved... I like the look of a fat front tire with a big head light & running lights......:bigsmiley12::bigsmiley12:

the FX softails are the same as the WG.I think the WG has more rake but that is in the steering head not the forks. The FL front ends are different

FX...small forks
FL...big forks

Put a Fat Boy front end on my friends 06 Street Bob last summer. Anyone with any wrenching ability can do it easily.Regular Dyna's have a 28.5 or 29 degree front end. All in the neck. Dyna WG has 32 degrees. 3 degress more, all in the trees. WG's and Softails like Night Train and Customs use the same 41mm front end.

i just put a softail front end on my superglide today i think one of my friends said he knew someone that had one on a wide glide tho

Take a look at this:

My Dyna and Its Conversion

DSCF0017.JPG

Loads of pictures and a good write-up.

Back