dyna hybrid softail

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by formike56, Jun 13, 2008.

1. formike56

formike56 Junior Member

anybody try to put a softail front end on a wide glide?:33:

2. dago dyna

dago dyna Member

i have not, but there isn't just one softail front end. you have the deuce style, heritage/fat boy style, springer, etc., etc. so, might need to narrow it down specifically, before your question can truly be answered. just wondering though, isn't the wide glide pretty much about the wide glide front end? i love it when people customize/modify their rides to suit their tastes, but to change a wide glide front end on a dyna wide glide doesn't seem to be a first natural choice of change. just my .02 - good luck and happy riding.

3. formike56

formike56 Junior Member

Just a thought.... Fat boy have the big head light w/running lights, fat tire. Like to see what it would look like??????? :eam

4. dago dyna

dago dyna Member

it would probably look like a smaller, stripped down flh. a pretty good look in my opinion - pics attached for example.

Attached Files:

5. formike56

formike56 Junior Member

When looking @ bikes I was interested in a Road King, Low rider, Etc..... I'm 6'4" 250lbs. I got on several Fat Front End bikes..... I just wasn't comfortable.. Not enough leg room. My legs would cramp from not enough strech. I got the dyna with front control extensions. Problem solved... I like the look of a fat front tire with a big head light & running lights......:bigsmiley12::bigsmiley12:

6. WYDGLYDer

WYDGLYDer Member

I thought the Wide Glide front end was the same as a Softail. Like the Custom, Night train,and standard.

7. Tigg

Tigg Junior Member

the FX softails are the same as the WG.I think the WG has more rake but that is in the steering head not the forks. The FL front ends are different

FX...small forks
    FL...big forks

8. 1nuckenfut

1nuckenfut New Member

Put a Fat Boy front end on my friends 06 Street Bob last summer. Anyone with any wrenching ability can do it easily.Regular Dyna's have a 28.5 or 29 degree front end. All in the neck. Dyna WG has 32 degrees. 3 degress more, all in the trees. WG's and Softails like Night Train and Customs use the same 41mm front end.

9. joose

joose Member

i just put a softail front end on my superglide today i think one of my friends said he knew someone that had one on a wide glide tho

10. ackman1968

ackman1968 Member