free website stats program Dyna Footboards/Heel-Toe Shifter | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Footboards/Heel-Toe Shifter

dhornick

OK, I’m sure this has been covered many times but since I’m a new first time Harley owner and don’t really know all the technical jargon, I would like to ask about floorboards and heel-toe shifters. I have a 04 Dyna Wide Glide. There is not enough room between the shifter and the foot peg for my boots. I actually have to just catch the edge of my boot sole on the side of the shifter to shift gears. I’d love to have floorboards and a heel-toe shifter but understand they are not made, not available or cost 900 bucks to acquire all the parts separately of the original kit. Why did they stop making the original kit anyways?

Well, Anyone have any ideas or suggestions for this newbie?

I have the FXDP kit you mentioned to my 2007 Street Bob. I love the boards and heel/toe shifter and would never go back to pegs. As Hobbit mentioned, individual parts from HD are available but are costly. I only needed to modify the shifter mount bracket.Everything else boltted right up.

Attachments

• 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 787
So what about this.... to solve the no room between factory shift bar and the foot peg, what about if I just added a heel-toe shifter and no floor boards. I think HD does make one and I have also seen the "Heel Hammer" from Deweys Pegs which I really like.

Lets try it this way.... Can anyone supply a parts list for the Dyna Floor Board Kit 50601-01? As of 09/10/08 I've searched and Googled for it but find no exact parts list. Anyone?

I have the parts list-can post for you this evening. However, not sure if it is compatible with the Wide Glide. It requires the brackets be mounted in the mid and forward peg mounting positions. It would reduce the " stretch " of forward controls. Also, the board position would be cramped for a tall person. I have short legs and they fit me perfectly.

I have also seen that Dewey Heel slammer. If you're looking to keep forward controls and not got into a huge expense, that's probably the way to go.

same here , looking for that same foot board and was wondering if it could be done on a 2008 FAT BOB , also can it be done both sides ( right and lift ) or is it just the shifter pigs ?

I have the parts list-can post for you this evening. However, not sure if it is compatible with the Wide Glide. It requires the brackets be mounted in the mid and forward peg mounting positions. It would reduce the " stretch " of forward controls. Also, the board position would be cramped for a tall person. I have short legs and they fit me perfectly.

I have also seen that Dewey Heel slammer. If you're looking to keep forward controls and not got into a huge expense, that's probably the way to go.

Yeah see thats what I'm worried about. I mean I'm 6ft and my bike and forward controls fit me perfect but just trying to solve the "no room for my boot between the shifter and peg" problem.

I don't have a Dyna right in front of me, and honestly I'm a little foggy... but I know of at least ONE adjustment point? The shift rod (goes from tranny to foot shifter) can be adjusted shorter/longer. That might give you some room?

Also, isn't the foot shifter "bolted" onto a shaft, where it can be removed, rotated, and reattached? Or is that only on the touring bikes?

I should be remembering this, sorry that I forget. I'm vague on the second suggestion, but I'm fairly certain that there's adjustment with the shift rod. It should allow you to "raise" (if that's what you need) the shifter and give you more room. You'd need to remove the one end that's attached to the foot shifter (having broken the locknuts at both ends first) and spin the shaft / heim joints until you've made it shorter.

I don't have a Dyna right in front of me, and honestly I'm a little foggy... but I know of at least ONE adjustment point? The shift rod (goes from tranny to foot shifter) can be adjusted shorter/longer. That might give you some room?

Also, isn't the foot shifter "bolted" onto a shaft, where it can be removed, rotated, and reattached? Or is that only on the touring bikes?

I should be remembering this, sorry that I forget. I'm vague on the second suggestion, but I'm fairly certain that there's adjustment with the shift rod. It should allow you to "raise" (if that's what you need) the shifter and give you more room. You'd need to remove the one end that's attached to the foot shifter (having broken the locknuts at both ends first) and spin the shaft / heim joints until you've made it shorter.

No man, your right on. After spending 3 hours on the net and searching for a fix, I just decided to hit the garage and experiment. Your exactly right in that the shifter is bolted onto a ribbed shaft and can be removed, rotated and reattached. Worked perfect. Sometimes the hardest things can be so easy.

No man, your right on. After spending 3 hours on the net and searching for a fix, I just decided to hit the garage and experiment. Your exactly right in that the shifter is bolted onto a ribbed shaft and can be removed, rotated and reattached. Worked perfect. Sometimes the hardest things can be so easy.

Hey glad to help out.... much cheaper solution than buying floorboards, or anything else for that matter, huh?

Back