free website stats program Dyna Floor Board Kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna Floor Board Kit

lowrider1963

I want to put floor boards on my 2010 Dyna and saw a kit from V-Twin part no. 27-0920 that looked nice for $400. Has anyone put these on, and if so, how do they fit and how hard to install?

Due to a generous gift from a forum member, I have the Dr. Boot mini floorboards. They are mini. I am sure the $400 ones are much more roomy. I have mine mounted where the mids were, and I like them other than they are small. I had to raise my shifter also.

I have seen those, and actually have a n older set of ISO that are 4"x6", but still have issue trying to adjust rear brake pedal to fit/work comfortably.

There are some full floorboards with single mount available from J and P and others. They have two styles. One is a shaker. They look nice, but I am not sure about the quality. Sorry I don't know how to post a link thingy. The part number is 5500105. They are on page 832.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/5500105

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw a write up on another forum about the V-Twin kit. They were very nice high quality itjems but the poster said that they were much higher than the stock boards on a Softail so were uncomfortable.

I bought a pair of these mini-floorboards from 2 Orange Harleys: Mini Adjustable Floorboards 2 Orange Harleys. I think they are manufactured by V-Twin, but at $85 plus s/h they are considerably less expensive than $400. I am not happy with these. After only a couple weeks the adhesive holding the left rubber mat came loose, and I lost the mat on the road. 2 Orange Harleys was completely non-responsive to my repeated email and phone requests to send another board assembly, or even just another mat. Eventually the other side failed, as well. I had to improvise a temporary rubber mats using material from a generic car rubber mat. No adhesive would hold it in place. For a permanent solution, I finally used material from a mud flap, cut to shape, planed to proper thickness, glued down with 3M Super 77, then riveted in place to hold the mat down. I'm good now, and like the change from pegs, but the experience with the rubber mats leaves a lot to be desired.

Fatbobrob, How did you like the fit of the boards? Did you mount them where mid controls would go? I like the size of them. Thanks for the quality report.

Dr Robert, sorry for the delay in responding ... been on the road. My 2009 FXDF has forward controls. The board assemblies fit into the same mounting slot as the peg. The kit provides dressier mounting bolts than the stock peg bolt. The kit also comes with a pair of locking, adjustable arms that permit adjustment of the board mounting in three axes: up/down, angle to ground, and front/back. That's a very nice feature. I am 6'5" and have the boards extended all the way forward. It's very comfortable. They are just as easily mounted in mid-control bikes. The adjustment arms extend the boards outboard an inch or so. If this is undesirable (eg. for scraping purposes), the boards are installable with or without the adjustment arms. If it weren't for the rubber mat problem, I would be thoroughly happy with this mod.

Back