free website stats program dyna engine rattle | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

dyna engine rattle

Welcome! It's possible the chain being loose could cause a rattle. Check the adjustment. I would also check all the mounting hardware for the pro pipe.

As ive said, im in sunny espana at the moment, but am going home on sun. Was Wasgoing go stright to harley shop on my return, but now am gonna check primary oil level, and all fastenings on exhaust. Fingers crossed, it,ll be something trivial. Its really difficult to locate a rattle on a bike. On reflection, it does sound like a heat shield rattle kind of sound, but i dont think any of them are loose, but i,ll check anyway.like i said, im gratefull for any input cheers you guys.......tattoophil

I had a rattle at times on my dyna it was caused by the exhaust balance pipe not being fitted correctly rear header pipe was at a slightly wrong angle with the front header balance pipe rattling inside the rear header part of the balance pipe

Brian

Hi folks. Back in uk tomorrow nite, so will be checking few different things over on lowrider. Keeping my fingers crossed its something easily sorted. If i cant locate the noise or determine its source, its a trip to the dealership with a shedload of cash in pocket!! Hopefully its not gonna be a big deal. Will keep allyall posted. Adios amigos!!

Hey there. Took dyna to local dealer who informed me that the compensator nut had backed off a bit causing the rotor to become loose and spin eratically, completelly ruining the rotor unit. They said if the compensator nut had detatched itself completelly, the whole of the primary would have been junked. I was lucky it wasnt any worse. All they have to do is replace gaskets, oils, and rotor at a cost of just under $400, WARNING!! ALWAYS TAKE ENGINE OR PRIMARY NOISE SERIOUSLY!!! Ride safe.....tattoophil

Thanks for getting back to us with the update of what was found

Brian

Back