free website stats program dyna belt | Harley Davidson Forums

dyna belt

bikerod

How many miles can I expect from a dynaglide 1997 belt and are there any tips on maintaining one.thanx guys

100K is not unusual, keep it adjusted and inspected for wear, check the wear of the pulleys also

My 94 dyna has over 60k I think it is still on the original belt

Brian

My '92 FXD is in the high 60k miles with original belt. Has had some full throttle shifts in the not too distant past. :D Sometimes I just can't help it.

Last edited:
I had 80K+ on my '96 UC. I only change it then because I had the swing arm apart to replace the bushing assym. in it, among other major maintenance things. 10K later on the new belt I picked up a rock and broke that one. That's the way it goes from time to time.
tourbox

Unknown to me, the rear fork bearings wore out - both were ripped apart. I had been adjusting the belt to this and continued a ride hard into blemished trails. The belt held up to tremendous load and showed no wear for the worse. But after another 10,000 miles, chrome on the rear pulley flaked enough that I changed it out, and put on a new belt also.
That was the second pulley I replaced with about half the chrome flaked off. Harley now leaves the chrome off!

Back